WeatherTech liners

I’ve got them in my “toad”, a Jeep Wrangler. I love them. Right now, they’re full of sand, after spending the last couple of weeks RV’ing at Port Aransas and South Padre Island along the Texas Coast.

What do people think of the WeatherTech liners? My new Rav4 does not come with protective mats, just come thin carpet. Are they worth the money? Any good alternatives?

I use the subaru OEM rubber (winter) mats - they work just fine

I researched WeatherTech liners before we bought our 2019 Subaru Forester. They sound like a very good product. But IIRC, they had the floor liners and cargo liner at the time, but no seatback protectors for when the rear seats were laid flat. Maybe that's changed now. A little pricey too. In the end, we got the Subaru OEM liner package including seatbacks and matching bumper cover. We are very happy with the durability and fit/look. The Subaru dealership had WeatherTech liners on display in their showroom, so we checked them out. Definitely seems to be a solid product. I would not hesitate to get them in the future.

I have had a WeatherTech trunk liner in my last 2 cars and I would recommend them. Recently a bottle a car polish leaked in my trunk and the mat saved the carpet. But more generally, I do a lot of hiking and I can put my muddy boots in the trunk of my car without a second thought.

I don't like the look of plastic mats in the cabin of my car, so I don't use their floor liners.

Love the front liners for my Infinity Q60. Second and 3rd row are a waste of $ (IMO) as there are too many seat rails and thus cut-aways. Cargo mat is just OK. The way it is designed for my car means the cargo liner can leak onto carpet if even a little liquid is spilled. How do I know? BBQ sauce out of a catering dish, over the edge of the WeatherTech mat, onto the beige carpet. Whoops.

Last edited:
Love the front liners for my Infinity Q60. Second and 3rd row are a waste of $ (IMO) as there are too many seat rails and thus cut-aways. Cargo mat is just OK. The way it is designed for my car means the cargo liner can leak onto carpet if even a little liquid is spilled. How do I know? BBQ sauce out of a catering dish, over the edge of the WeatherTech mat, onto the beige carpet. Whoops.

Ok, please tell me more about your Q60. That is a nice looking coupe. Which version did you get, and how to you like it? :cool:

I researched WeatherTech liners before we bought our 2019 Subaru Forester. They sound like a very good product. But IIRC, they had the floor liners and cargo liner at the time, but no seatback protectors for when the rear seats were laid flat. Maybe that's changed now. A little pricey too. In the end, we got the Subaru OEM liner package including seatbacks and matching bumper cover. We are very happy with the durability and fit/look. The Subaru dealership had WeatherTech liners on display in their showroom, so we checked them out. Definitely seems to be a solid product. I would not hesitate to get them in the future.

We got the WeatherTech floor liners and cargo mat, and the Subaru OEM rear seatback protectors (got them online), for our 2018 Forester. Since we haul all sorts of dirty stuff to and from our community garden plot, they were a good investment. They fit properly, are durable and easy to take out and wash. We also got Covercraft custom fit covers for the front seats, since we are often dirty when we sit in them.

I have their truck liner in my Audi RS5, and DS has them in both his Hondas. I would certainly recommend them, good fit, quality product at reasonable price.

We got the WeatherTech floor liners and cargo mat, and the Subaru OEM rear seatback protectors (got them online), for our 2018 Forester...

I actually considered that as well. But I wanted everything to match. Somewhat of a mystery as to why WeatherTech doesn't offer the seat-back protectors. I just checked online and still nothing.

I use the subaru OEM rubber (winter) mats - they work just fine
I have Subaru OEM winter mats and I agree they’re very nice. They look a wee bit nicer than WeatherTech, fit just as perfectly, but the WeatherTech liners have a noticeably higher lip all around. That can be crucial in winter climates where LOTS of ice, snow, dirt, etc. get tracked in. Functionally I think WeatherTechs perform best if you’re in a winter climate like we just moved away from. I’m not sure why anyone would buy them elsewhere.

Last edited:
... so for my newest car I purchased 3D Maxpider Kagu floor liners....

Thanks. These are very intriguing, and look better than the typical rubber liners, to me. I'll have to keep them in mind whenever I get another car.

I had WeatherTech floor liners in my 2009 F150 and have them again in my 2017 F150. Indestructible and easy to keep clean. I also bought a WeatherTech seat cover to protect my driver’s seat.

Toyota also has OEM rubber floor mats that can be bought online that are comparable to WeatherTech--for less $.
+ 1. When I bought my Highlander I bought the OEM mats on line for way less than Toyota suggested price. They are very nice mats.

Back
Top Bottom