What did you do today? - 2020 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Packed up to leave my extended stay at an AirBnB today. Tomorrow I begin my journey to FLA, but won't arrive until after Thanksgiving. Along the way, I will be staying in various locations, visiting friends and family, getting dental work done, doing some sightseeing. Working remotely until the end of the year, retiring then or sooner if they demand to see my face again lol.

I'm going to let it dry tonight and go back at it tomorrow if it's not gone. Boy, I didn't realize how bad a coffee stain can be.

Coffee's one of the worst. How do I know? I once spilled a whole mug of it onto white wall to wall carpeting. Tried many things - the only thing that worked was 40 strength liquid (not cream) hair dye developer. I got the tip off a professional carpet cleaning forum. Followed the directions carefully.

the only thing that worked was 40 strength liquid (not cream) hair dye developer. I got the tip off a professional carpet cleaning forum. Followed the directions carefully.

40 strength liquid hair dye developer has directions for cleaning coffee stains from carpet?

OK, I managed to get the coffee stain out.

Here's what I did.....took a small, round (one inch diameter) scrub brush with stiff bristles about one inch in length and used that to scrub in Spot Shot carpet spray cleaner deep into the nap. Then I boiled about 16 ounces of water and added that to our Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner Vacuum unit and sprayed and vacced the heck out of the area.

Here's a link to the Rug Doctor unit which is great as I use it on the car seats, carpets, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00T31O22Y/ezspotcleaners-20

The hot water seemed to loosen up the stain that was deep into the carpet nap. Man, it really worked well. I even did the same to another high traffic area on the carpet and that cleaned up nicely.

Today I finished running wiring to the last outlet for my rough electrical inspection. It will be for the up stairs, garages, and workshop plus the downstairs circuits I need to remove extension cords. The inspection is scheduled for Monday.

Tomorrow I am headed down to the flat lands for a cold one to toast my good friend of over 50 years. He passed away from Alzheimers last Monday. Almost as bad as the disease was trying to work through Medicade with his wife. Their only attribute appears to be incompitance.

I am looking forward to getting together with old friends. This will be my first foray into a dining establishment since early March.

DH and I spent quite a bit of time in the pool today. It was very warm here today and the pool was wonderful. In between swimming I went to my Mom's for lunch with her and my sis. My Dad passed away June 7 and we have Mom all settled in her new townhome, same building as my sister.

I harvested the first artichoke of the season from my garden this morning. Right after sunset, we drove out to a nice quiet and dark overlook on a bluff above the Housatonic River to view comet Neowise. Got it in the binoculars, but not quite naked eye; there is a substantial amount of light pollution in this area and there was a high thin haze when the sun set. I should have brought out my 6 inch refractor.

Did some downsizing. I had 13 hiking sticks that I made from downed limbs that I've found while hiking. Got rid of 7 that were still under construction but I didn't like the way that they were turning out. Then I went to Menard's, got some hooks, and organized the remaining 6 to hang from the side of a cabinet in my workshop.

I bought some peaches from a local orchard the other day and today I made jam. I do this every summer and it tends to last us almost exactly one year, with one or two pints to give to my dear old aunt. It reminds her of my grandmother’s. Yum!

I packed up three cameras and tripods and other gear. We are headed far away from the city lights to do some astrophotography tonight.

Put my long, gray hair in pigtails. Relaxed and read The Constitution of the United States of America. I plan to take nap before dinner time.

In anticipation of a vaccine by year's end, we booked an 18 day trip in March to Kauai, our favorite spot.
Using miles, it is costing us $22 to fly there round trip in Business Class:dance:
Also our favorite condo gave us a 10% discount.

I was going to go get a haircut, called the barbershop/hair salon to see if they needed an appointment, they said no, but the regular guy is out sick and the replacement doesn't come in 'til noon. Okay, fine. I go there and the parking lot is jam-packed full, and I'm thinking "No way am I going in there!"

Drove around a while just to be out of the neighborhood, came home and ordered a hair-cutting kit from Amazon. While DW maybe won't do the best haircuts at first, I'm pretty sure she won't kill me.

I was going to go get a haircut, called the barbershop/hair salon to see if they needed an appointment, they said no, but the regular guy is out sick...

Deal killer right there!

I haven't been to the barber since February. DW uses the dog's grooming clippers on me and it's worked fine. Gotta strange urge to lift my leg in the bathroom though...

Went down town and ate along the river. It was great, 74° and sunny. We had a great lunch with a beer, I had a flight of 4, two were very good. River is down, some young girls were playing in the shallows. It was clouding up as we left, the traffic was horrible with the highway down to one way shut down.

I managed to take an hour nap and made coffee. I'm going to get the mail but it's still showering. [emoji943]

I haven't been to the barber since February.

Same here. I cut a little off the sides and top a couple times since February, but the back has run amuck. I texted the girl that cuts my hair and told her that I as ready. I go in tomorrow at 1. I think they have a deal where the shop only allows one customer at a time. The door is locked. I need to text her when I get there and she will let me in.

Run today, followed by a nice ride on the ebike. Did some home improvement stuff at DW’s friend’s place. And I signed up for SS.

The only sport I watch is baseball and I’m watching an exhibition game with the Cleveland Indians and the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Nice to see the players and I recognize a lot of the names. The commentary is just like it should be.

The fake crowd sounds just make me giggle. It’s just so weird!

In the morning, took one cat to the feline oncologist for her last dose of chemo. Smoked a rack of spare ribs for dinner.

On the hair cut front, I bought some Creaclip type guides from Amazon and those have worked out great. I don't think I will go back to salon cuts.

Today we went for a hike at a park with some cool wind caves and rock formations.

Read the Amendments to the Constitution. Washed some new fabric I’m going to sew. Mopped the floors. Enjoyed Black Rifle Coffee. Watched my hockey team practice on AppleTV. Talked to a friend up in BC CA. Took a nap. Nice and calm day.

Yesterday didn't go so great on the electrical inspection. The inspector wants me to connect all the wires together and have them ready to put the switches and outlets in. I was hoping to wait until after the drywall was put on the ceilings before I started that task.

Last night the sky was very clear and dark so there was a great view of the Neowise comet.

Last night we did a dinner movie night. Our mini home theater is in the basement. We set up TV trays and started the movie, while enjoying sous vide rosemary ribeye roast.

We saw the 1938 version of The Adventures of Robin Hood, rented from the library. I got interested during my Ancestry project, with my dad growing up on a ranch outside Chico and combing through old family photos. I spent some summer weeks there, swimming at a swimming hole in Bidwell Park which was Sherwood Forest in the film. We spent an extra hour watching the Behind the scenes” part of the second DVD. It was a very good movie, and the discussion of the actors, writers, music, location, and all the rest was enriching. It was neat to recognize the location from my own memories.

Picked and canned 5 pints of green beans from the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom