What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

Finally finished the Craigslist table. It was originally going to be painted black, but DW changed her mind (I'm not "going there") and decided she wanted it a light gray instead, similar to my workshop cabinet that she likes. Not wanting to be fooled twice I insisted that she accompany me to the paint store to pick out the exact color she wanted, which she did. Don't ask how I know to do this, but suffice it to say that we've been married going on 36 years now.

Sherwin-Williams calls it "Silverpointe". Where do they come up with these names? It's light gray paint! Anyway off we go, and back home another c-note lighter with the new gallon of paint. So I got it sprayed yesterday afternoon and did a few touch-ups today. Someone, I forget who, wanted to see photos. It's really not much, all I did was sand it, prime it, get some shellac-based primer to cover the tannin that showed through, and then paint.

DW is pleased, and that's what matters.

P.S. Anybody need a gallon of "Tricorn Black" SW urethane enamel in satin? It's good paint, one reviewer wrote that it's the "blackest black" paint he's ever seen. It'll probably sit around here for a few years before I give it to Habitat for Humanity.

Attachments

• small table (1 of 4).jpg
    small table (1 of 4).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 49
  • small table (2 of 4).jpg
    small table (2 of 4).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 48
  • small table (3 of 4).jpg
    small table (3 of 4).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 49
  • small table (4 of 4).jpg
    small table (4 of 4).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 48
Nicely done! I'm sure the final "e" of the paint name was the key.

My band played a Halloween gig last night to a full house. Everyone in the band wore costumes, I dressed as Paul McCartney (I play bass) from the Sgt Pepper era.

(yesterday) Had monthly dinner with my siblings and spouses. Enjoyable evening, my DBiL suffered a set back with his liver cancer, but is working through it. He has started a new immune therapy infusion, his second one.

My band played a Halloween gig last night to a full house. Everyone in the band wore costumes, I dressed as Paul McCartney (I play bass) from the Sgt Pepper era.

Sounds like fun. :cool:

I cleaned up and lubed moving parts on an old Craftsman Tool chest Dad gave me last week. He said he got it in 1966. I wonder if it was ever cleaned. Just need new drawer liners now.

Leg 9 of our southeast US road trip. Crystal River Fl to Pensacola Fl. Manatee tour in Crystal River. Blue Angels flying over as we walked back from dinner in Pensacola.

Last edited:
Went to an open house at the Camo Dog Rescue facility in Magnolia, Texas. Maybe I will be adopting a rescue to fill in for my little Terrier mix Toby who I had to put down a month ago.

https://www.camorescue.com/

Link to their website above if you are interested.

Today, we went to learn all about Greek bees.20231030_154258.jpg

I didn’t look at all the dogs, but lucky charms could be the right one ��

He would fit right in with me (one person household, walks a lot, etc). Thanks,

There are so many. These folks NEVER have a dog put down (unless medically appropriate) and have placed thousands of rescues. :)

Went to an open house at the Camo Dog Rescue facility in Magnolia, Texas. Maybe I will be adopting a rescue to fill in for my little Terrier mix Toby who I had to put down a month ago.

https://www.camorescue.com/

Link to their website above if you are interested.

I am so sorry! I did not realize that you lost Toby. I do hope that you find a wonderful companion.

Finally finished the Craigslist table. It was originally going to be painted black, but DW changed her mind (I'm not "going there") and decided she wanted it a light gray instead, similar to my workshop cabinet that she likes. Not wanting to be fooled twice I insisted that she accompany me to the paint store to pick out the exact color she wanted, which she did. Don't ask how I know to do this, but suffice it to say that we've been married going on 36 years now.

Sherwin-Williams calls it "Silverpointe". Where do they come up with these names? It's light gray paint! Anyway off we go, and back home another c-note lighter with the new gallon of paint. So I got it sprayed yesterday afternoon and did a few touch-ups today. Someone, I forget who, wanted to see photos. It's really not much, all I did was sand it, prime it, get some shellac-based primer to cover the tannin that showed through, and then paint.

DW is pleased, and that's what matters.

P.S. Anybody need a gallon of "Tricorn Black" SW urethane enamel in satin? It's good paint, one reviewer wrote that it's the "blackest black" paint he's ever seen. It'll probably sit around here for a few years before I give it to Habitat for Humanity.

It looks great. Your DW considered the options carefully and made the best possible choice. :D

Decorated for Halloween outside; went for a 12km jog; surfing the net and reading a book until the kids start ringing the doorbell...

Sometimes I think I retired way too early...

We've had a few inches of snow the last few days so I drove back and forth over my gravel driveway several times to pack it down to create a hard pack base that the shovel can slide along so I'm not pushing gravel onto the lawn.

I then ran some lights and set up a raised fire pit on the front deck to keep us warm and set the mood for handing out Halloween treats.

Went to a Halloween gathering at a friends house. Relatively low key, less than 20 adults over the course of 5 hours. A couple of younger couples brought their kids (grandkids of some of our friends who were there). The host lives in a neighborhood with lots of kids, so we helped hand out candy and compliment the kids on their costumes.

DW went as a (in my eyes) very attractive cat lady :D. I made a simple "fork in the road" costume that half the adults could not figure out what it was :).

Road trip to Orange Beach today. Breezy here and in the high 70’s. Next week temps around 60 on Wed. My favorite time of the year.

I thought that was you I saw down there.:cool: We just got home sunday after spending last week in Gulf state park/Orange beach area! We went out on the pier Thursday in GSP and wow the wind and waves were crazy! HAGD and stay safe on your road trips! :greetings10:

Hiked over six miles up, through, on and around these giant rocks. There are monasteries atop several of them.20231101_165936.jpg

Last edited:
Took the Halloween decorations down, put out a few Fall/Thanksgiving ones on a couple tables in the house.
Paid monthly bills, only takes a few minutes, then later on to the grocery store.

Got an email from an organization I belong to advising me that my membership had expired. Since I'm a lifetime member, that got my interest. :confused:

Fortunately, it was just a glitch in their system, and they fixed it quickly. So I assume I can carry on as before. :dance:

I switched out the Halloween deco with some Thanksgiving things.

Over last weekend we took out the window screens and washed them. I’ve been cleaning the windows a couple at a time; so far I have six out of twenty one done. The outsides are particularly dirty since we’ve been living in a construction zone since we moved in last March.

Just had a phone meeting with the Foster Mom who has the rescue Terrier/Schnauzer mix I may adopt tomorrow (from Camo Rescue). He's just been neutered and had the cone removed from his head just before she sent me this photo.

He's a year and a half old and a spunky 12 pounds. It's been almost two months since I had to put my 10 year old Terrier mix down and maybe this guy will cheer me up. It's pretty lonely around here with no wife or companion. Tomorrow afternoon is set up for my visit to his foster home.

Birdie without the cone.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom