What Ever Became of Men's Groups?

The only time I have had "feelings" type discussions with a guy is when my buddy's dog died. Guys dont talk with other guys about this kind of stuff because a guy cant give the best answer. Women are great when it comes to talking personal issues.

Guys dont talk with other guys about this kind of stuff because a guy cant give the best answer. Women are great when it comes to talking personal issues.
Sexist generalizations and stereotypes should be avoided.

There are plenty of non-gay drum circles but they are in places like Santa Cruz CA and other campuses. My son is a music major in college, with a focus on percussion, believe me, there is a lot of drumming going on.
And beside the new age projects and college drumming there are the age old fraternal associations. All of them have their individual focus but I know there is a lot of male bonding and support, at least it is that way in my lodge. These organizations do a lot of good as well as have good times.

The Visitor

For older white guys who think about drumming you should check out the new movie "The Visitor". About how an older academic fellow who has lost his wife makes friends with an immigrant who teaches him to drum. There is more to the story but the drum connection should be enough for some of the posters to see this movie.

The question "How do your feel?" has no answer that makes sense for us. We don't allow ourselves to get in touch with our feelings on a daily basis so this question is meaningless to us.

And why does "hungry" or "sleepy" piss her off. Seems a reasonable answer.

The question "How do your feel?" has no answer that makes sense for us. We don't allow ourselves to get in touch with our feelings on a daily basis so this question is meaningless to us.

And why does "hungry" or "sleepy" piss her off. Seems a reasonable answer.
Raising a kid taught me that when someone is cranky, usually they are hungry, sleepy, or wet. Grownups can usually control the latter! :2funny: Anyhow, grownups (me included) so often think that the reason they feel cranky and miserable is ever so much more complicated, when really, they are just hungry or sleepy.

I guess what I am getting around to is that "hungry" or "sleepy" are valid responses. I wouldn't want to discuss feelings with someone who is hungry or sleepy because to me that means "not happy" and they need to eat or sleep first.

I find that I get cranky when I'm sleepy, but not really when I'm hungry. DW gets cranky when she's hungry, but not really when she's sleepy. Anyone else have a gender bias here? Actually, now that I think of it, I think at some point I did see an article about that exact thing...

I'm cranky either way, when I'm either hungry or sleepy. Also I'm cranky when I'm hot or cold and I'm absolutely the WORST when I am sick. Guess I am getting to be one of those cranky old ladies! :2funny:

Back
Top Bottom