What is the average age of your vehicle fleet?

What is the average age of your fleet of vehicles?

• 0-5 years old

Votes: 36 28.6%
  • 6-10

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • 11-15

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • 16-20

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 26 and older

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters

Keim

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Branching off of an earlier post. What would the average age of your fleet of vehicles be?

Example: I have 3 vehicles, a 1976 Monte Carlo, a 1990 Toyota Pick-Up and a 2002 CRV. The average age of my fleet is 20.66.

What's your average, and how many vehicles do you own?

Our is ten years . A ten and a half year old Toyota and a nine year old Dodge Durango . I am going to buy a new car this year just waiting for either a great offer or a model which I can not live without .

1. 2003 Buick Century
2. 2003 GMC Sierra 4WD pickup
3. 2008 Suzuki C90T (touring motorcycle)
4. 2002 Porta-Bote (folding boat):)

The Buick and pickup both bought new, were long-planned purchases to replace vehicles that were 14 and 18 years old. The motorcycle I thought about for six months and was discounted because it was last year's model. The boat was found lightly used, having been wet once.

Last edited:
Well, it WAS 9 years.... until the cash for clunkers came along to take my 95 monte...

Now it is just over 4 years... have 3 vehicles...

2002 Toyota Camry Solara with only 65,000 miles on it. I'm keeping that puppy until it takes it's last breath. It's in great shape and drives so smooooth.

I have one car that is 4 years old.

Ha

1. 2002 Dodge Durango purchased new in 2001
2. 2005 GMC Sierra pickup purchased new in 2005

These replaced vehicles that were 17 and 16 years old respectively, also purchased new at the time. Neither of us commutes to work anymore, so we hope our current vehicles will last longer than our previous.;)

W2R has a new car, next a new house...yup, she's a happy retired camper!

I hate to be a nit picker, but if your fleet has an avg age of 20.66 years old, which entry in the poll did you select? None apply.

My fleet of one Subaru is 6 years old. Gonna get me a new one in 4 years. I really hope Subaru brings the diesel Forester to our shores.

Steve

36.5. '89 and '93 BMW drivers and '56 VW and Chevy room filler and money sucker.

We have one 2004 Ford Mondeo with approx. 125,000 miles on it. Diesel engine and still runs like new.

Looks like this one but with stock wheels and no fog lights since it's the base model. They call it a poor mans V70 cause it's a Volvo V70 underneath the sheetmetal and less fancy interior. Costs less cause it has the Ford badge instead of the Volvo.

These diesels last a long time and the car has a good reliability track record, so I intend to drive this car for many years to come.

W2R has a new car, next a new house...yup, she's a happy retired camper!

:2funny: I am definitely a happy retired camper! :D :dance:

We decided not to move for another year or two, though, due to the crummy housing market down here. When we do move, we will probably get older houses in an older neighborhood since we prefer not to live in a community with fees, HOA's, and so on.

But I love my new car! It is absolutely pouring rain here and it drives very nicely in the rain. Nice and snug and dry inside, too. I had to park it near other cars today and it didn't get any dings, thank goodness.

I hate to be a nit picker, but if your fleet has an avg age of 20.66 years old, which entry in the poll did you select? None apply.

I went with 16-20. Technically I should have written it through for each selection...

:2funny: ....
But I love my new car! It is absolutely pouring rain here and it drives very nicely in the rain. Nice and snug and dry inside, too......

Reminds me of the old preacher record with Reverend Johnny Standley IT'S IN THE BOOK\GRANDMA'S LYE SOAP - Johnny Standley
"So we'll now sing the second verse. Let's hit it with great exuberance,
let's live it up. It's not raining inside tonight". Used to think of that song while driving scooted to one side of the seat in the ol' Chevy Sprint with the after market sunroof that leaked and would dump water in my lap when I went around corners....good times, good times.

And just because that's such a fine bit of my childhood,
Thanks Youtube - really had to search hard just for the lyrics a few years ago - and here's the whole recording!

I have a 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser and a 2006 BMW 328xi. The Toyota I refer to affectionately as the Beast, and I drive it mostly in the winter. It is also useful in the summer to just throw my bike in the back for a ride on one of the local trails.

06 Chrysler 300
03 Chevy Suburban
08 Kawasaki Versys (street motorcycle)
06 Carolina Skiff (fishing boat)
04 Yamaha 350 Raptor (4 wheeler)
06 Yamaha 250 "Bear Tracker" (lol) (4 wheeler)
07 Honda CRF 100 (kids dirt bike)
06 Yamaha YZ250F (my dirt bike)
03 Yamaha 90 (kids dirt bike)
90 Jeep Wrangler

Dang, I have way too much stuff.............

2 weeks ago we sold 1 of our 2 cars, so the average age just went down from 6 to 3. For a bonus point, what was the age of the car we just sold? :whistle:

I have two 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass's... A 1969 Olds Toronado, 84 Olds Ninety Eight, 88 Chevy tow truck, 83 Chevy plow truck, and a 92 Yukon...

The Toro has points ignition and a full tank of gas... Points will work if they decide to knock out all solid state electronics:D

Back
Top Bottom