What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I ordered another automatic card shuffler Friday and it came in Sunday. But it doesn't work. Oh it sounds like it is working,but the cards just sit there. If I kinda hold em at an angle it will grab a little but not all. This is ridiculous, the one we are trying to replace is 8 years old and the wheels are just too slick to grab anymore. This is the 3rd one i have ordered and am going to have to send back. One of the others would only work one side,the second one worked great for 2 times we used it. Then it just quit,now this one wont shuffle.3### # differant brands & all junk!

Toilet fill valve, washer timer knob.

Things keep on wearing out :blush:.

Attachments

• fill valve.jpg
    fill valve.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 13
  • time knob.jpg
    time knob.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 15
A couple of tubes of grease and two board games for DW for when the grandnephews ages 4 and 6 come to visit.

A couple of tubes of grease and two board games for DW for when the grandnephews ages 4 and 6 come to visit.
You let your 4 and 6 year old grandnephews play with grease?

Shiatsu chair neck & back massager. Since we had to cancel our regular in person massages months ago.

Enough Quest Protein bars to last me for a while. Insanely expensive, but hey, it's all in the spirit of Blow That Dough. I like them and I suppose they might be a little healthier than some other snacks.

Me too! Except I got a different type called "Peepers Keepers". Best $10 ever spent. These hold my work goggles better than any of the open loop designs. The expandable rubber slit holders are perfect.

Attachments

• glassholders.JPG
    glassholders.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 30
Ping pong balls. Perfect size for the cat's favorite toy. ? What happened to the previous ones in there? No clue - he did a good job of 'disappearing them.'

heh heh heh - :cool:

Toilet fill valve, washer timer knob.

Things keep on wearing out :blush:.

I'm frustrated with my Toilet fill valve, not much over one year old, but it now makes funny noises and takes 2-1/2 minutes to fill the tank. I went to a plumbing shop and ask for the best fill valve they had, they had the same thing I got from Lowes. I still haven't figured out what to replace it with.
I'd like the old style with the long arm and big copper ball on the end. I was going to post a picture for the youngsters that don't have a memory of them, but I found they are available, if you want to mortgage the farm, $75 to $155.
https://deabath.com/Toilets_and_Toilet_parts/Fill_Valves/fill_valves.html
"It's always sumthin"

Not the last thing I ordered, but the last thing I got from Amazon was a tripod mounting bracket for my phone. I ordered it on July 1st and then found it would be over two months to get it. So I cancelled the order same day, without any response from the seller, I cancelled it again and contacted Amazon, they said, I would not be charged. I ordered a second one from a differerent seller on July 3rd and got it July 6th. I recieved the first one, that I cancelled on Aug 12th, sooner than they said but still 6 weeks. The tracking still doesn't show it delivered.
btw, I bought it for picture taking, but find it handy, when I'm watching a video, to put the phone on the tripod and watch.

Last edited:
I'm frustrated with my Toilet fill valve, not much over one year old, but it now makes funny noises and takes 2-1/2 minutes to fill the tank. I went to a plumbing shop and ask for the best fill valve they had, they had the same thing I got from Lowes. I still haven't figured out what to replace it with.
I'd like the old style with the long arm and big copper ball on the end. I was going to post a picture for the youngsters that don't have a memory of them, but I found they are available, if you want to mortgage the farm, $75 to $155.
"It's always sumthin"

You may want to check the shut off valve and the supply line. I had a similar sounding problem a couple of years ago. Replacing the fill valve didn't help. When I pulled the supply line off the shut off valve and (carefully) opened the valve the water was only trickling through. I got a piece of wire and poked around and a chunk of sand/rock looking stuff popped out. Then the water was flowing freely again. Just a thought.

You may want to check the shut off valve and the supply line. I had a similar sounding problem a couple of years ago. Replacing the fill valve didn't help. When I pulled the supply line off the shut off valve and (carefully) opened the valve the water was only trickling through. I got a piece of wire and poked around and a chunk of sand/rock looking stuff popped out. Then the water was flowing freely again. Just a thought.

That's worth checking, I'll pull the line and see how it flows.

Certain lines can have sand, especially if well water is involved. If sand is involved, not only can it foul the shut off valve, it will screw up the fill valve. These valves depend on a rubber diaphram with tiny holes to meter the water out through a pretty clever mechanism of water and air entrapment.

You don't need a lot of sand to foul this up. They are self cleaning and can usually shrug off the sand, but every now and then a particle with just the right jagged edge (get the microscope out) can catch on the rubber and cause issues.

One solution is replacing it with an old-fashioned ballcock valve. Still available. Special order. Expensive.

Certain lines can have sand, especially if well water is involved. If sand is involved, not only can it foul the shut off valve, it will screw up the fill valve. These valves depend on a rubber diaphram with tiny holes to meter the water out through a pretty clever mechanism of water and air entrapment.

You don't need a lot of sand to foul this up. They are self cleaning and can usually shrug off the sand, but every now and then a particle with just the right jagged edge (get the microscope out) can catch on the rubber and cause issues.

One solution is replacing it with an old-fashioned ballcock valve. Still available. Special order. Expensive.

I have had the valve apart and removed the rubber part, I didn't see any problem with it.

Computer keyboard.

And what a difference it makes!

LED Garage Lights, 140W 18500 Lumens Garage Lighting, 6000K Daylight with Deformable Three Panels Garage Ceiling Light Fixture E26/E27 Triple Glow LED Shop Light for Garage Basement Workshop Warehouse

Can never find anything in my garage due to weak lighting....

I was all set to order a Corona soil ripper, a thing to rip up the soil where it is hard packed. It really looks like a medieval torture device, with four curved prongs that you jam in the ground and twist to rip the ground up. That, and and a bag of Ironite.

Then I looked on Home Depot's site and it was cheaper there, with free shipping too if your order is over $45 so I ordered from them. They don't have two-day shipping though.

If the soil ripper doesn't loosen things up enough for the Honda tiller I'll give up and order the electric jackhammer from Amazon. Theirs is cheaper by a long shot than Home Depot's, about $120.

Somehow I never envisioned myself as the owner of a jackhammer. I always thought to own, or even use one of those you had to be really fat with a huge beer belly to hang over the handle and hold it down, and I don't look anything like that.

Attachments

• corona-cultivators-lg-3624-64_1000.jpg
    corona-cultivators-lg-3624-64_1000.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 24
"It's always sumthin"

If you use those chlorine crystal biscuits in your tank to kill off whatever, they will also kill your plastic and rubber plumbing parts.

Back
Top Bottom