What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I got that one too since we go cook top to oven a lot. I don't want to have to fiddle around with changing the handle during oven duty. I don't trust the idea of putting the wood handle in the oven.

I don't go from top to oven often (probably should try it more often) but I do like the feel of the wooden handle.

I bought the three piece set with vented glass lids. We'll take a close look.

Apple Wired EarPods Headphones USB-C w/ Built-in Remote (‎MTJY3AM/A) on sale for $16.99.

I just snagged this Oster digital air fryer oven on Black Friday.

I checked the price history on the Honey app. The price had been jumping up, down and all over the place, but it was down a whopping $100 from it's high just this passed August when I ordered it. Nice!

81CaFa5JF4L._AC_SX522_.jpg

A new artificial Christmas tree. DW apparently tired of the one that we've been using for the last 20 years or so and only has white lights on it but works just fine. So much for frugality. The new one is six inches taller and has... wait for it... colored lights! Whoohoo!:dance::dance:

Interesting thing happened with it. Last night I get the email from UPS (not USPS) that the package has been delivered so I go to get it. Hmmm... no package. Well, maybe they left it in front of the garage door as the lazier drivers are prone to do. Nope, no box there either. I take a quick look around the court for the box or one that looks like it... nope there either.

Back online UPS says it's been delivered but I have to go to their website to see the photo that the drivers always take now. And I immediately see the problem - it's been delivered all right but I have no idea where as that is not my porch in the photo. So back to UPS's site and I start out with the idea of just telling them, but then their site wants all sorts of documentation (what, you want a photo of my empty porch?) but then I realize that I don't need to go down that rabbit hole, Amazon is much easier to deal with so I take the path of least resistance.

Within five minutes or so I'm on the phone with an actual live human being at Amazon who speaks reasonably clear English and is bright enough to understand the problem is that the package was delivered to a wrong address. So she says she can't reorder it but she can just credit the credit card and I can reorder, so that's fine by me. She also says the refund will take three to five business days. Okay, I can deal with that.

So by early this morning I check and yep, the cost has been refunded to my credit card. Yay! Meanwhile back at the ranch DW has now decided she doesn't want to go through the hassle (:confused:?) of ordering another tree and just forget it and we'll make do with the one we have. Okay. But that's not all....

A few hours later I look out the window and there is a box that looks like the one in the misdelivered photo. Yep, there's the tree, which now rightfully belongs to the vendor at Amazon since we've been refunded for it. Obviously we have at least one honest neighbor. So I get in touch with Amazon again, this time with very bad scratchy connection and an almost unintelligible accent, but I finally get her to understand what happened. She says keep the tree and don't worry about it. I halfway expected that was going to be the outcome but I have to at least let them know.

DW says she's not going to go to the bother of putting away the current tree and starting over, so she'll just put the new one downstairs and we'll take it out next year.

Silly me, I thought buying a Christmas tree online was going to be simple.:facepalm:

I ....

DW says she's not going to go to the bother of putting away the current tree and starting over, so she'll just put the new one downstairs and we'll take it out next year.

Better take it out of the box and inspect it. You don't want to find out next year (after DW throws out your current one), that it is damaged or missing parts or something. Too late for a refund then.

-ERD50

BaoFeng UV-82HP portable ham radio, programming cable and handheld mic. Car club uses these on runs.

Interesting thing happened with it. Last night I get the email from UPS (not USPS) that the package has been delivered so I go to get it. Hmmm... no package. Well, maybe they left it in front of the garage door as the lazier drivers are prone to do. Nope, no box there either. I take a quick look around the court for the box or one that looks like it... nope there either.

Back online UPS says it's been delivered but I have to go to their website to see the photo that the drivers always take now. And I immediately see the problem - it's been delivered all right but I have no idea where as that is not my porch in the photo. So back to UPS's site and I start out with the idea of just telling them, but then their site wants all sorts of documentation (what, you want a photo of my empty porch?) but then I realize that I don't need to go down that rabbit hole, Amazon is much easier to deal with so I take the path of least resistance.

Within five minutes or so I'm on the phone with an actual live human being at Amazon who speaks reasonably clear English and is bright enough to understand the problem is that the package was delivered to a wrong address. So she says she can't reorder it but she can just credit the credit card and I can reorder, so that's fine by me. She also says the refund will take three to five business days. Okay, I can deal with that.

So by early this morning I check and yep, the cost has been refunded to my credit card. Yay! Meanwhile back at the ranch DW has now decided she doesn't want to go through the hassle (:confused:?) of ordering another tree and just forget it and we'll make do with the one we have. Okay. But that's not all....

A few hours later I look out the window and there is a box that looks like the one in the misdelivered photo. Yep, there's the tree, which now rightfully belongs to the vendor at Amazon since we've been refunded for it. Obviously we have at least one honest neighbor. So I get in touch with Amazon again, this time with very bad scratchy connection and an almost unintelligible accent, but I finally get her to understand what happened. She says keep the tree and don't worry about it. I halfway expected that was going to be the outcome but I have to at least let them know.

Silly me, I thought buying a Christmas tree online was going to be simple.:facepalm:

I love this story. Thanks for sharing. It's so much better than a "porch pirate" story. :)

Amazon is on a roll, they did it again - delivered to the wrong address. I'd ordered a copy of Andy Weir's book "Hail Mary" and a Spektrum AR637T R/C radio receiver for a kit I'm going to build. This time however I recognized which neighbor it was from the picture, two houses away and by the time I got to my door to go retrieve the boxes one of their nice little kids had brought the boxes over here.

I guess Amazon is breaking in the newly hired seasonal help. They're not doing so well.

Not just them -- Amazon, UPS, FedEx, and USPS all deliver things to the wrong address on my block. It's routine, and expected, especially at this time of year. All my neighbors are used to it, and we just walk the misdelivered items over to the correct house.

Considering all the ads, billboards, and commercials I've been seeing in the last month or two looking for seasonal temporary help, I'm surprised there isn't even more of this.

For me it's only amazon that gets it wrong. The good thing is the email with the photo of the drop off. "Ah, that's Jim's front door" and we know where to go.

For me it's only amazon that gets it wrong. The good thing is the email with the photo of the drop off. "Ah, that's Jim's front door" and we know where to go.

We don't get a picture of anything, just a text or email "your package is delivered" some times it will say on porch or near garage door,but not always.

We don't get a picture of anything, just a text or email "your package is delivered" some times it will say on porch or near garage door,but not always.

I was getting photos for a while, but then they stopped. And the email typically comes hours after delivery now.

I was getting photos for a while, but then they stopped. And the email typically comes hours after delivery now.

I always get a photo, and emails are almost real-time (I do have my email set to check every minute, not sure what the default is for others).

-ERD50

I always get a photo, and emails are almost real-time (I do have my email set to check every minute, not sure what the default is for others).

-ERD50

I'm not sure Gmail on a laptop has a frequency setting, but when DH sends me an email or I log into an account that sends 2FA codes, they arrive within seconds.

Supposedly, Amazon has a setting where you can opt out of receiving delivery photos. I've never opted out, and am not finding that setting on their site.

I'm not sure Gmail on a laptop has a frequency setting, but when DH sends me an email or I log into an account that sends 2FA codes, they arrive within seconds.

Supposedly, Amazon has a setting where you can opt out of receiving delivery photos. I've never opted out, and am not finding that setting on their site.

Some/many emails come through almost immediately. I use the Thunderbird mail app on my laptop to access my gmail accounts, and Thunderbird does have a setting for how often to check email. I really don't know what's behind the technology here, but it seems that gmail can 'push' certain things? I'm guessing any gmail-gmail gets pushed quickly.

And when I run a credit card, my alerts with the card company come up within seconds. Not sure what determines it.

UPDATE: Mystery solved:

I checked account settings, and while I have "Check for new messages every
5 minutes" set/checked. I also have "Allow immediate server notifications when new messages arrive" checked, and I read that supports 'push' from the server, if the server supports it (which gmail obviously does). So I guess the 5 minute setting is a back up for emails that didn't get pushed.

-ERD50

We ordered 2 shirts and 1 sweater for our dd(darling dog) Nikki so she wont be cold when Papa takes her out to go poop
ADCreHeaS-jH__XhilX_icyNKi60kqRt5HP8aW2o8xG5PjuiajgHGkrgUqH6VgJLzRQTvy0EDqHHzsdHO0pNnp1p8isTxp0oKBsnyjteykIF5miYo9LeyHgj8ZSILBrN5pGfCFE0cULqC5Fs57T3wrA2owQLpYHxp8PaNf8Kl4WvIF_e0oNPLcjfB_Dba37YbLYyMgebdvvDr6kgY50Igg22IzVmidClCq639inEzb8Gu-V5BuIV0jI2dNfbCWaxgQ02NF6s0zo5GEVbLGPNkdsBuVmnmdVWePJNCruCquXhcz6eFzgKS6eMmB-UHb4MMCz5tx9ZjpOKwaPKKKC7IGPCi_RgCTAWnbZlo49z5m4o1qWZjjwmrKJ3kj-5jhfRj7caf4caBq21M_wO3NLhUO8pYL77Oaul3DXCptPKwwnv2jkvefalnbQZXXhm_taWOUm50Ra4-Qg2U0RmMbe2xyxzl0MhzZWUqFNft5GYz7_lrj3NqVF_xueLcTeRyb7oPURWDm7ynD_0tOkPR4Ry2bX7AY7CsaHqBxIJK_otWOBRXymLjrz4D1X_EyffWBGlz0lRUQD_JRufEkJ4B7xeOfFE5OWgfraQKxGGUv4fMzB3aHrW1xDEl2U9ZbsHNeRZArN9IglQIV72IDWcybzdD7qS-eTWsv075Cg5Cpjgiznv9TSs2QoUe9PzZ4NGmZjHwyJ7lpQjbs-fgZbae0oSeNi6VnukcgN_YNa46Ge6nfnB6uaKsg3EK0DjXbxB2k_ICaKQBU7uI3LZ_zpQvCyRW3dNkrS4IM0_9-4fIlF0SDx9griqBB8RU4aqjg03jvIsC7kJD7qfHgSuhf8l0sW0V3QIMVqHXq9AJLHHwMr-bxJlxVdrrYl-d8YozqZRE7JkXwx9UIsE8tM=w563-h751-s-no-gm

I ordered a new water filter for my Jura Capresso coffee maker. I’ve had the Jura for 15 years and it is truly one of the best gifts I have given myself.

DH's camera "required" a signature, but it was found in our garage.

The powered liver I ordered (DH put through the order) arrived in Florida and is being used as a punching bag by a very energetic toddler. (Not Amazon's fault.)

SPRI Superband (just learned some new resistance exercises when connected to a TRX) and an OXO Slice and Bake Cookie Maker because I'd like to level up my ice box cookie game!

peaked my interest--looks like a good thing--works well as anti-inflammatory, and helps with cardiovascular and neurological health.
Always looking for natural aids for arthritis--May have to order some to try.
thanks!

As much as I don't want government interference, I wish there was an agency that actually tested all these supplements and gave out scientifically tested information. The going term now is "supports brain function" or "supports liver function" When in reality the same can be said of a stick of celery, a peach, or a rib eye. I think millions or even billions is wasted on expensive urine. Two of my docs have suggested or ask if I take Tumeric extract, (Curcumin Phytosome) as antioxidant support, but I have no clue if it really has a positive effect on my health. But, I continue spending $0.56 a day for two capsules, plus vitamin D and some Magnesium. :confused:

I wish they knocked on the door or rang the bell. That’s our biggest complaint. They just drop the package and go so we don’t know it’s there until I happen to check my email.

Very rarely does an Amazon truck visit our neighborhood, almost all of it is delivered by USPS. In fact I don't recall the last time I saw an Amazon truck on our street. If it doesn't fit in my mailbox, our mailman does ring the doorbell as he walks away. I saw him doing Sunday Amazon deliveries a while back and jumped to the conclusion that he was putting in overtime to pad his last 3 years, to bump up his pension. I ask him when he was going to retire, he said he had no plans. He is 75 years old!

The last time I got a line over this particular tree, it was with a slingshot and a lead sinker. I was taking a big chance though, as I'm in a built-up area, with plenty of windows and parked cars. I got lucky that time, but don't want to chance my luck a second time!

The very cheap drones that cost around $20 are, as you can imagine, neither the most feature-rich or stable. They're more like toys, intended mainly for playing with indoors. I questioned their worth in this role, but came across a blog-post by a ham who has used one for this very purpose, with success (his was $16, but the post was a few years old). I'm going to use the very lightest fishing line I can find (4lb test). Worst case scenario is that it either doesn't work, or I crash it. For just $22, it will be a fun experiment.

I have a buddy that built pretty much a potato launcher, but set it up to launch a short piece of PVC pipe with caps and weights inside. It has a fishing reel attached, to reel out the line attached to the PVC pipe projectile. I borrowed it to put up a long wire antenna, first shoot was a little low, so I increased the air pressure and made a perfect shot the second try.

I'm with Calico on this one!

I used to be able to stop into CVS and buy a single box of 100 for maybe $8. I got used to doing that any time I liked. But now NO local store seems to have them. I finally tried Amazon, and thankfully, they carry them. Space, here in the Islands is at a premium. So I can store roughly 10 DVDs (or CD's) in the space of one DVD box (CDs, the ratio is more like 4 CD to the equivalent 1 CD box.)

Since I'm in the process of organizing my collection, having them all in one storage format is important. Using the envelopes helps a lot.

Returning you now...

Could you borrow some from Oprah? :)
It seems I have played catch up on this thread this morning and responded to several posts!
I'm caught up now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom