What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Third party sellers on Amazon are notorious for pricing well above market and hoping you don't notice/comparison shop. Always, always check prices before buying. The camelcamelcamel and Honey applications are a great way to take a quick look at price history.

Bike indoor exercise trainer stand. Now when I binge watch Netflix or Amazon Prime I can ride my bike and not feel guilty about sitting around. :)

Not from Amazon but on line we have recently ordered/ rec'd a king size bed frame, leather recliner, lamps, plus various soft goods. About to order a rug.

Why...selection, price, no running around to shop. So far only good experiences.

On July 3, I ordered a windshield heat reflector for my Jetta from a third party Amazon seller. This was a custom cut one. I noticed yesterday that I have not received any shipping e-mail. Checking, I found out that UPS destroyed it and sent it back to the seller. I had NO NOTIFICATION from either Amazon or the seller that it actually shipped, or was damaged in transit.

When speaking to an Amazon rep, he was apologetic and said I would have to reorder it. I asked him to do that and expedite shipping, which he did.

I suspect if I didn't check on the order myself, the vendor would have just kept my $40 and not sent me a replacement. :mad:

Third party sellers on Amazon are notorious for pricing well above market and hoping you don't notice/comparison shop. Always, always check prices before buying. The camelcamelcamel and Honey applications are a great way to take a quick look at price history.
I "window shop" at Amazon and read the reviews, then look at eBay and other sites to see what the best price is. Often Amazon is best, but not always.

Syntha 6 protein powder (3lb) during the Prime sale for $24.99

That's one of the better brands of protein powder I've tried. BSN is typically good stuff though anyway.

I went a little crazy since Prime Day.

I'm restocking the kitchen with better quality knives than the crap set I just spent an hour sharpening to have them go dull again after the very first use (think Farberware-type crap).

So I'm giving Wusthof a try for the first time. Supposedly the gold standard of Western cutlery. I just picked up what I consider the classic trinity: chef's knife, paring knife, and slicing/bread knife. I'll be looking for a good Japanese style knife to compare against the chef's knife next.

I'm also tired of fighting with the horrible quality pepper grinder I got at the grocery store, so I picked up another German classic. I think it's gorgeous to boot.

Also some bento boxes for weekly/monthly meal prepping.

These kale chips are amazing. I was happy to see them go on sale on Prime Day.

Since we're tired of dealing with long shedding hair and the shower drain, we're giving this gizmo a try. Another Prime Day deal.

I should really add up what all I've just spent. :angel:

Brother MFCL2700DW wireless printer/scanner/fax for $149.99 + a power cable for $4.99 in case I have problems with the wireless setup. My ancient printer hasn't worked for a while so I finally decided it was time to pull the trigger. I shopped around for the best price for about a week. My old printer -- an HP LaserJet 4L -- cost around $400 when I bought it at least a decade ago.

So I'm giving Wusthof a try for the first time. Supposedly the gold standard of Western cutlery. I just picked up what I consider the classic trinity: chef's knife, paring knife, and slicing/bread knife. I'll be looking for a good Japanese style knife to compare against the chef's knife next.
We've had Henckels kitchen knives for about 30 years, the other popular premium German knife brand, and we'll never go back to cheap knives. We started with the same three you've bought. We bought a Wusthof 6" hollow edge Santoku about ten years ago, and it quickly displaced our traditional 8" chefs as the knife we reach for most often.

Last edited:
The newly released Blu-ray "Mission Control - The Unsung Heroes of Apollo".

A 70 pint dehumidifier for my basement. The white one was $229, I got the black one for $169. Yup I got the black one. ,and for 17 bucks i got a 3 year extended warranty, so after the manufacturers 2 years expires this one kicks in for a total of 5 years.

I was having trouble finding an alternator belt for my 1988 Fiero but naturally AMZN has several vendors that sell this rather unusual item. When I placed it in my cart, I got a popup offering installation by a local shop for $75....I've never seen that before.

Great this is the weekend of negative cash flows ,hahaha. I just had to buy a Kohler soap/lotion dispenser assembly. I soaked it in hot water, its still not right. shipping for 1 was 5.99 , shipping for 2 was 10 cents more, I got 2. $2.86 for the parts, $6.09 shipping.

Delivered today: A pepper mill with a hand crank instead of a knob to twist, toner cartridges for the printer, and eight rechargeable AAA batteries for the wall telephone in the kitchen. The phone uses four so I keep an extra set to pop in when the ones in the phone need recharging.

Delivered today: A pepper mill with a hand crank instead of a knob to twist, toner cartridges for the printer, and eight rechargeable AAA batteries for the wall telephone in the kitchen. The phone uses four so I keep an extra set to pop in when the ones in the phone need recharging.

What brand rechargeable? I got some knock off ebay losers that lost their juice from the charger to the device. :facepalm:

That's one of the better brands of protein powder I've tried. BSN is typically good stuff though anyway.

I went a little crazy since Prime Day.

I'm restocking the kitchen with better quality knives than the crap set I just spent an hour sharpening to have them go dull again after the very first use (think Farberware-type crap).

So I'm giving Wusthof a try for the first time. Supposedly the gold standard of Western cutlery. I just picked up what I consider the classic trinity:

I did the same. Very happy with the purchase. Really watch your technique; things happen very, very quickly.

I shaved a fingernail almost off and really sliced a digit. Both the result of poor technique. [emoji35]

2.5” to 3.5” SATA Aluminum Hard Drive Adapter.

A new computer toy.

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 18
I shaved a fingernail almost off and really sliced a digit. Both the result of poor technique. [emoji35]

Battle scars. ;)

I've been lucky so far, in that I only manage to really cut and slice myself open on projects outside the kitchen. These seem to happen especially when under a car or motorcycle.

The therapist recommended a foam roller for working out the stiffness in my knee replacement leg, so I picked up this tough looking thing. So far, it's been great. I don't know in the end if it's worth 4x as much as the Amazon Basics foam roller, but if nothing else it looks cool.

I bought a Japanese style knife to compare with the Western style, to see which I like better. I also got a maple butchers block. Both the knife and block have wood that needs taken care of, so I picked up some food grade mineral oil and a block of pure bee's wax for maintenance.

Since I'm moving soon and don't really have a box worth's of stuff to pack them up safely, and will be staying in an apartment for a while so I don't want to get something that will hold the few kitchen items I have, I got this knife roll bag that will hopefully fit somewhere perfect and safe when packing up the car.

And then there was a lightning deal on more vacuum storage bags and 6' USB C cables for the new phones, so those went in the cart too.

Also in the realm of packing stuff up and keeping it somewhere while moving and living in a small apartment, I got this great gym bag. It's like the cargo shorts of duffle bags, there are pockets for everything. It fits perfectly every piece of workout equipment I have, including the foam roller.

That vacuum cleaner thread is dangerous! :LOL:

I ordered a refurbished Dyson Absolute V8 stick vacuum. The price on the new one is staggering and while the refurbished one is almost $150 cheaper, and no shipping and no tax collected up front, it's still enough to make your eyes water.

I just WANTED it.... never had a really nice vacuum like this one, and Consumer Reports like it , and, and.... :D

https://www.amazon.com/Dyson-V8-Abs...r=8-1&keywords=Dyson+Absolute+v8+stick+vacuum

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
2.5” to 3.5” SATA Aluminum Hard Drive Adapter.

A new computer toy.

Expected the delivery yesterday, but no package in sight.

Status shows delivered to mail room (lobby of building). My working theory is the package got swiped. There were other packages around the mail area.

Went ahead and called Amazon and they said wait until 7 pm tonight, if doesn't show up, call again, then it is official lost and they'll either, at my preference, either give me a refund or send another.

Back
Top Bottom