What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

If it weren't for the noise, I would say put some electrical tape over the LED. I got a really handy three-outlet, two USB expander for a regular two outlet box, and it has a really bright green light on top, so I put electrical tape over it. Now I've done that with a few others in our bedroom.

Yap - works great for the check engine light too. :D:D

Definitely, sometimes best price can be found at ebay or some more internet surfing over Amazon. However, a plus of Amazon is the return policy where many times you can't find going on ebay or another place. Recently, I bought a battery tester from Amazon that was disappointing in performance. I started the return process but Amazon said no need to return (probably costed them more for return shipping and processing).

About a year ago, I bought a vacuum sealer from company for about $120 that wasn't carried on Amazon. After a couple of uses, the sealer stopped working. I wanted to do a return and get my money back but the place didn't take returns. I had to go through their process to get the sealer repaired under warranty but no returns allowed.

Most of the time I shop at Amazon. But for some things, I compare at other places and try to keep in mind how inconvenient should I need a return.

+1

Love the easy Amazon returns. Random stuff doesn’t w*tk as expected or simply dies any early death, like my cheap tplink WiFi extender. It was great to send it back without hassle.

If I bought a consumable item before, say photo paper or inkjet cartridges, or is something is crazy expensive, as in pro camera gear, I’ll hit up eBay.

Turns out I've made my 1st Amazon purchase. Just got out of the boot and into an ankle support sleeve. Went on skechers to get gold sandals as I can't fit into my gold pumps. They were sold out but I found / bought them on Zappos.com. got a tracking number this morning from AMAZON?!? Went back onto Zappos and it is the same #. [emoji55]

Turns out I've made my 1st Amazon purchase. Just got out of the boot and into an ankle support sleeve. Went on skechers to get gold sandals as I can't fit into my gold pumps. They were sold out but I found / bought them on Zappos.com. got a tracking number this morning from AMAZON?!? Went back onto Zappos and it is the same #. [emoji55]

Zappos is owned by Amazon. They bought Zappos for $850M about 10 years ago.

The thing about Amazon is how creative they get when delivering my packages . On the roof of my SO's car , In the back under the smoker , on the edge of the pool .It is always interesting .

Although it sounds like a medieval torture device, the knuckle bender I bought really isn't, although I suppose it could be used for that in a pinch. It is for bending the hinges on doors to correct sagging and the like. The pin on it is for getting the hinge pin out if necessary.

Two Gigabit network switches. Going to take advantage of speeds up to 400 Mb/sec that Comcast is delivering (and I am paying for).

Battery charger

I bought a 36 volt battery charger to charge all 3 batteries on the switch engine

A travel book and an inexpensive water resistant watch for travel.

A Lowepro Slingshot Edge 250 camera backpack. I wanted a compact camera backpack for hiking. This one does it. It comfortably holds my M43 camera, 5 lenses, filter sets, accessories, Crane M Gimbal, and Mefoto Air Tripod all in a compact and comfortable sling backpack. I also bought a Viltrox EF-M2 II adapter that allows me to use my Canon lenses on my M43 camera. It works extremely well. I shot some superb 4K video using my Panasonic Lumix camera and the Canon EF 70-200mm F4L lens.

Although it sounds like a medieval torture device, the knuckle bender I bought really isn't, although I suppose it could be used for that in a pinch. It is for bending the hinges on doors to correct sagging and the like. The pin on it is for getting the hinge pin out if necessary.

I never heard of a knuckle bender nor did I know you could do that to fix a binding door, I am going to get one next time I go to home depot as I have a couple of doors that need to be addressed. Learn something new everyday.

Hmm, pretty neat. The pictures on the Amazon page show two different tools: A regular adjustable wrench (with the pin punch on the end) and another with notches in the jaw faces of the adjustable wrench. I'm assuming the tool with the notches is the real deal.
The cheapie in me wants to get a $5 Harbor Freight adjustable wrench and drill a hole (with a drill press and a 1/2" bit) in the right spot to make the notches. Or give the angle grinder a shot. This is why the folks in in the emergency room see me a lot.

I've got a door that needs attention, but first I'm going to try to pull it square with a loooong screw into the surrounding rough framing.

Thanks for the tip-another tool!

Last edited:
The thing about Amazon is how creative they get when delivering my packages . On the roof of my SO's car , In the back under the smoker , on the edge of the pool .It is always interesting .

Yes, I was driving down the road waiting to turn on the highway and a UPS truck stops next to our car, the driver jumps out with a package and brings it to our car. He recognized our car. :)

Although I have suffered this past week trying to put 2 new doors in 2 1908 built doorways, I wish I knew that this device existed/worked. I think I carried those doors up and down the stairs twenty times. I am refurbishing our rental and decided to replace the old doors. Using the old doors as a template, I had to adjust first by cutting the bottom of the door because we went with a 3/4 inch pad instead of the half inch. Oh,what fun, but learning new skills and using new tools makes things so much interesting.

I never heard of a knuckle bender nor did I know you could do that to fix a binding door, I am going to get one next time I go to home depot as I have a couple of doors that need to be addressed. Learn something new everyday.

I'm not sure Home Depot sells it, I'd never heard of it before. I happened to stumble across this youtube video of it and thought of the dining room door. Of course, now that we're in summertime and the humidity is up, the wood in the door/jamb has swelled back to normal and the door doesn't swing closed by itself now.:facepalm:

So I'll wait until winter to see how well it works.

Purchased a hot swap drive holder for a desktop. Bought somewhere else online as amazon was higher on my searches and got shipment direct from Amazon today.

Seems when I search for lowest price on Amazon I don't get it.

Miaderm Lotion for DW's impending radiation treatment. Heard from others needing/having gone through radiation, that is works wonders. :flowers:

Yes, I was driving down the road waiting to turn on the highway and a UPS truck stops next to our car, the driver jumps out with a package and brings it to our car. He recognized our car. :)

Perhaps it's time to start thinking of Christmas gifts for the delivery people. :facepalm:

Miaderm Lotion for DW's impending radiation treatment. Heard from others needing/having gone through radiation, that is works wonders. :flowers:

This is what my RO recommended also and I start radiation on the 22nd. I just bought some Tuesday. It's pretty spendy and I expect I'll go through a few tubes fortunately it is cheaper at the pharmacy where I go for oncology.

Best wishes to your DW with her treatments.

Went to Whole Foods today and got a nice, good sized freebie (during regular purchase) grocery bag promoting Amazon Prime Day. Free is nice!

Plus, got a $10 off [-]bribe [/-] credit to use for for shopping during Amazon Prime day :popcorn:.

Attachments

• free bag.jpg
    free bag.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 10 off.jpg
    10 off.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom