What is this? (smilie)

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
^-^

What is this smilie? It's in the middle on the top row. When you put the cursor on it it says "azn." I can't figure out what it's supposed to be...

^-^

What is this smilie? It's in the middle on the top row. When you put the cursor on it it says "azn." I can't figure out what it's supposed to be...

I have no idea. Most message boards have at least one smiley that I can't figure out (usually several!). So, I just use them when I feel like using them, and allow the reader the opportunity to figure out what I meant by using it! ^-^

^-^

Azn is short for Asian. If you look carefully, the eyes are more "squinty" than the other smiley face's eyes.

Want2Retire, I like your attitude---just use a smilie when you want, even if you're not sure what it is---and let the chips fall where they may! ;)

Retire at 40---that makes sense! Thanks!

I found out (duh - I never thought about it!) there are hundreds of asian/japanese emoticons that are way different from the ones we are used to seeing:

Hiroette.com ||| Japanese Facemarks(Smileys) |||

This one is pretty funny. I hope the random messageboard poster won't mind my having stolen it for your enjoyment (it helps if you read it right to left):

My girlfriend made one especially for me for when I do something stupid (It's supposed to be her punching me):

(x.x(O=(-_-#)

Azn is short for Asian. If you look carefully, the eyes are more "squinty" than the other smiley face's eyes.

Ah, so, this is the smiley to use when one is talking about kim-chee, balut, pork-buns, dried squid. ^-^

Want2retire said:
I have no idea. Most message boards have at least one smiley that I can't figure out (usually several!). So, I just use them when I feel like using them, and allow the reader the opportunity to figure out what I meant by using it! ^-^

This must also be the smiley to use when one has posted something enigmatic or inscrutable. The Orient used to be mysterious, after all...^-^

^-^

It's short for "Azanon", one of our long-lost posters.............;)

Shhh...speak not its name, for it will appear in your dreams and drink your blood, beat up your grampa and pimp out its wife to you...

Shhh...speak not its name, for it will appear in your dreams and drink your blood, beat up your grampa and pimp out its wife to you...

Thanks for the heads up, I will be sleeping with a necklace of wolfsbane and garlic, and a wooden crucifix going forward........:)

Maybe it should be eliminated - I mean do we have smiley faces for other races physical attributes (e.g. - the Anna Nicole Smith smiley)?

Oh swell, racist emoticons. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Why did the standard smilies take on a greyish shadow with the new forum?
Some of the more cartoon-y ones stayed perkily yellow.

I think a breast lift is in order...

OK...
img_537285_0_24cdbe9765b04a56e0939201a08a29ce.gif

Back
Top Bottom