What is your pet peeve of the day? -- 2021

COVID recovery phases... What's up with phase 1A and 1B? Why not use a simple numerical phase 1, 2, 3? With a numerical system I know phase 3 comes after phase 2. With the current system I have no idea if the next phase is 1C or phase 2, or if that is followed with 2A or 2B. Why is everything so needlessly complicated?

Women's clothing sizes... We've been doing some clothes shopping for my wife and the sizing systems just don't make sense. I mean, when I buy a pair of jeans they're 38 waist, 30 length. Simple measurements. But women have size 12, size 14, L, XL, XXL, 1X etc. and seem to vary from one brand to another. There's no correlation to any actual measurements to know what will fit and what won't. We have to return numerous items that were supposed to be the correct size but don't fit....

As far as I can tell, the only rule is that the higher the price, the lower the size number for the exact same thing.

women's clothing sizes... We've been doing some clothes shopping for my wife and the sizing systems just don't make sense. I mean, when i buy a pair of jeans they're 38 waist, 30 length. Simple measurements. but women have size 12, size 14, l, xl, xxl, 1x etc. and seem to vary from one brand to another. There's no correlation to any actual measurements to know what will fit and what won't. We have to return numerous items that were supposed to be the correct size but don't fit.

roman - 159518776_1084664018699537_3090494461369010135_o.jpg

COVID recovery phases... What's up with phase 1A and 1B? Why not use a simple numerical phase 1, 2, 3? With a numerical system I know phase 3 comes after phase 2. With the current system I have no idea if the next phase is 1C or phase 2, or if that is followed with 2A or 2B. Why is everything so needlessly complicated?
You asked "why"? Government involvement....

Continuing on the same "serious" note, I got my first shot almost 3 weeks ago and my "covid vaccination card" says to come back in 4 weeks... (They gave me a date) Then a few days ago I started getting emails asking me to sign up for my next shot but every time I try to use the website it says, all "time slots" are full at this time, registration is closed, try again later.

When they gave me my first shot and a card with the date for the second shot, I thought I was all set... Now they are asking me to sign up for the next shot... WTF... I'm going to ignore the email and go back on the date on the card.

Looks like these posts "escaped" the covid containment area. :)

Last edited:
I’ve gotten tired of places that offer services or “deals” only if ordered through their app. Or you give them your email address.

Just more attempts to pull you into their marketing net.

I’ve gotten tired of places that offer services or “deals” only if ordered through their app. Or you give them your email address.

Not only that, but I am finding that I cannot read articles on new to me websites unless I allow them to put a cookie on my computer... I can start to read but them a HUGE popup covers the story until I accept their cookie.... I just move on...

Also, bad are the surveys they want you to take to get a discount, points or other 'gift'. They are intrusive and prying. Do I really want to give all the private information of those in my household to get a $5 discount the next time I get $200 worth of work done on my car, or use their hotel?

Then there are the survey requests I get every time I see a doctor or have even the most trivial medical procedure done. Enough!

Amazon "bait and switch" on shipping days. They show items on the search page that are "NEXT DAY" but when you go and checkout, that is NOT an option. I have noticed once in a while, but it's getting more prevalent and thus annoying.

Attachments

• AMZN.jpg
    AMZN.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 52
ExFlyBoy5 after you place your prime order go back to the order page and see if it has a button to "change shipping speed". I've found that often and it will give me a 1 day shipping after it ships. But yeah, since this past year amazon has been playing games with shipping.

ExFlyBoy5 after you place your prime order go back to the order page and see if it has a button to "change shipping speed". I've found that often and it will give me a 1 day shipping after it ships. But yeah, since this past year amazon has been playing games with shipping.

My Amazon account often offers me the option to accept a slower shipping speed for a credit on e-books, movies etc. Since I rarely order things at the last minute, I usually take the credit.

I haven't seen this and as far as I am concerned, that is ridiculous. Either make it available from the get go (as indicated on the product page and then the checkout page) or stop making it the process so convoluted (and only being able to make it one day *AFTER* the purchase is made?!? :mad: This is one of a few reasons I have shifted much of my shopping away from AMZN.

Not persactly a 'peeve' because I really don't give a ......but when someone makes a 15,000 word post, and someone else hits 'quote', copies the entire screed, and says 'Yes' (or somesuch) at the bottom, it just seems like overkill to me..

Not persactly a 'peeve' because I really don't give a ......but when someone makes a 15,000 word post, and someone else hits 'quote', copies the entire screed, and says 'Yes' (or somesuch) at the bottom, it just seems like overkill to me..

Yes

Pet peeve of the day: having to pay for a specific service and having to pay for insurance to make sure that service does what you are paying it to do.
Case in point: USPS delivered a $400 camera lens to my mailbox. Except it isn’t in my mailbox. Rather there was an open package of cosmetics addressed to a different address. So far I have no way to find my package other than hoping a neighbor let’s me know it was delivered in their box by mistake.

Then there are the people who reply from their work email which contains a paragraph of legal jargon warning me to not read this email if it was not intended for me. Then delete it after I haven't read it. That is followed by the company logo which takes up half the screen, as well as a reminder that they will taking National Cactus Pruning Day as a holiday next month. TMI.

Then there are the people who reply from their work email which contains a paragraph of legal jargon warning me to not read this email if it was not intended for me. Then delete it after I haven't read it. That is followed by the company logo which takes up half the screen, as well as a reminder that they will taking National Cactus Pruning Day as a holiday next month. TMI.

You’re complaining about a work email to the Early Retirement community?

Case in point: USPS delivered a $400 camera lens to my mailbox. Except it isn’t in my mailbox. Rather there was an open package of cosmetics addressed to a different address.

Hey, you should be grateful that you got something at all.:) Usually my packages just disappear into the fourth dimension or someplace with no explanation other than "it's running late". Well, gee, I didn't need my college degree or twelve years of detective experience to figure that one out.:mad:

You’re complaining about a work email to the Early Retirement community?

Oh, but thinking about how I don't have to put up with that stuff any more makes me feel good!

One PM I had would forward a 10-email thread to me with no explanation or request for action, then get peeved when I didn't figure out that email #8 had something of interest. Oh, and each of the quoted emails also had quoted every single email in the thread that came before it.

But now that I'm retired, a related pet peeve has to do with genealogy forums. Someone will ask a detailed question about great grand uncle poohbah, then someone at random from the peanut gallery will reply, "I don't have anything in my files on him."

I just have to laugh!

But now that I'm retired, a related pet peeve has to do with genealogy forums. Someone will ask a detailed question about great grand uncle poohbah, then someone at random from the peanut gallery will reply, "I don't have anything in my files on him."

Just this morning I received an email from Home Depot forwarding a question from "Pogo" about a cleaning product I'd ordered two months ago.
Can this be used to clean Thermoplastic Elastomer reuseable respirators between uses?
I successfully resisted the temptation to respond "I haven't the foggiest idea."

Just this morning I received an email from Home Depot forwarding a question from "Pogo" about a cleaning product I'd ordered two months ago.
I successfully resisted the temptation to respond "I haven't the foggiest idea."

Being the wise guy I am, my temptation would have been to say "Yes, of course it can, but you may or may not be happy with the results." :angel:

I see a lot of this at Amazon. Very annoying. That's my pet peeve. Just discard the email if you don't have an answer for it. You're not getting back at Amazon or Home Depot with a stupid reply, you're annoying their customers. Glad you resisted, Walt.

"My state"

Why the mystery? Just say the name of the freakin' state. You don't even need to say you live there. Just say "California did this..." "New York did that..."

The fact that an unknow somebody's unknown state is doing something is kind of useless information. Well actually, totally useless.

Chair gas cylinders designed to get wedged in. They should come with mounting plates or something. I once bought a huge pair of pliers to remove one from a new chair and returned the chair to Staples with plier tooth marks on it. I got the refund but I think they've been messing with me ever since with all my online orders so I avoid Staples now. It makes sense that some chairs come pre-assembled because they're returnable without needing to un-jam the cylinder, but it makes them harder to transport.

Back
Top Bottom