What Personality Says about Your Wealth

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I kinda fit into both categories but since I live in a CCRC that makes me more proactive I suppose. How about you?

For example, retirees who are open to new experiences – they are imaginative, proactive, and broad-minded – behave like conscientious people and preserve their wealth, especially after their mid-60s, according to the study, which was conducted for NBER’s Retirement and Disability Research Center.
Agreeableness works in the opposite direction. Agreeable people are known for being soft-hearted, friendly and helpful – they also tend to care less about money or about managing it. Not surprisingly, they have less wealth.
https://squaredawayblog.bc.edu/squared-away/what-personality-says-about-your-wealth/

Agreeable people are known for being soft-hearted, friendly and helpful

Me, I'm 'friendly and helpful'........soft-hearted, to a degree, but no sucker.

My report card: A for friendly, B for helpful, D for soft hearted. I would give myself an F for softhearted but my dogs would give me an A, so I went with a D.

My late dad always said that "...when you die if everyone found you agreeable that means you haven't lived your own life. You just went along with everything and everybody and didn't do or stand up for anything you felt important; to live your own life means a lot of people will hate you."

I'll give myself a B for friendly (I don't go out of my way to greet), a B for helpful (I always seem to be doing a project for someone else), and a D for softheartedness (not alot of sympathy for bad decision makers, or the lazy).

Back
Top Bottom