What was your happiest moment today?

My DH came home early from work, it was just a nice quiet night together.

A mom and her 3 yo on an overpass waving at me as I went underneath on the interstate. Very sweet.

Sunny and 75F, DW and I puta half dozen more plants into our desert rock garden. I dig holes and she popped the plants in. A real workout, but it looked great after we finished. Looks like a pro job, complete with rock mulch and drip irrigation to each plant. Extremely rewarding.

Our Eastern Redbud is popping! So is our Flowering Crabapple, both in the backyard. I do not know how to post a picture here. They are lovely.

Waking up after an awesome virtual Good Friday service my church had last night. Puts everything into perspective for me.

That and seeing tons of beautiful red headed hummingbirds buzzing all over my feeders this morning as I drank my morning coffee.

Spring has sprung.

Scored 2 megarolls of TP at Sam's Club. Not the brand we usually buy, but in these times....Pretty bad when that is the highlight of your day.:(

(Yesterday)Found both TP and paper towels at local supermarket, limit one each, and it was late afternoon when I buzzed into the store for milk only! First time into an actual store in a couple of weeks, as I am doing curbside pickup now.

Today, enjoying a quiet morning with coffee on the deck.

I had a successful tear out of a tub/shower enclosure and replacement in on of my apartments yesterday. Tag on bottom of tub said 1995, I will wait a few weeks before completing the drywall trimwork. Tenant's two sons are football lineman and there were some stress cracks right about where they put their size 16s.

Gave 3 mega rolls of paper towels to our close friends, who were out of it.

We had another family video conference call for a couple of hours. Just a lot of fun and humor going on. At its peak about 20 sessions and over 50 people across the U.S. and overseas.

Received a near full price offer on the house we have for sale from a very well qualified buyer. It's interesting how much different real estate deals are now being done in the midst of Covid.

Last edited:
I felt real strong on the bike today. I added some mileage and rode up the hills faster. I even passed two riders going uphill.

We saw our son today at a safe distance (outside) for about 10 minutes. I have not seen him for over a month, which is a first for us. We also got to see the grand dogs and our DIL through the window. The grandkids were not in sight.

That's easy. I had a zoom "meeting" for an hour this afternoon with my cousins and their 12-year-old daughter. Usually we see each other every couple of weeks, and I take their daughter to all the "kid" movies in the universe - it's our thing.

We have been missing each other; it was great to catch up. I have been in a good mood ever since the call.

The only downside is that virtual hugs are not as good as the real thing. :(

My daughter/SIL came down for a delicious pork butt, and hashbrowns. We played board games all afternoon. We didn't invite either set of elderly parents unfortunately, bujt we called them.

Most joyous moment today.

My dear wife held an Easter Sunday service from our driveway. Neighbors came and sat in their chairs spread out on the cul de sac under the morning breeze.

Wow - this sounds amazing. I'm happy you all had such a great time of worship!

Most joyous moment today.

My dear wife held an Easter Sunday service from our driveway. Neighbors came and sat in their chairs spread out on the cul de sac under the morning breeze.

What a wonderful idea.

Today is a glorious sunny morning, enjoying the warmth.

Picked up my order from local Kroger, only 2 things not available, other substitutions were equally OK. And able to start another order for next week with a pick up time available, so I don't have to go online at midnight to snag one!

My happiest moment today, without a doubt, was getting on the scale this a.m. and seeing that I've lost another full pound - 14 pounds since the start of March! Yes! Another nine pounds to go, but if things keep going this way I may add another five pounds to my weight-loss goal. ;)

Removed the last crappy plants the house builder installed when they finished the build of our house last May. The main front bed has been replanted. We just need to figure out what to plant in the lawn circle that we share with a neighboring house (no tenants yet) that contains an above-ground utility tube for the fiber optic system. I have no idea how far down the fiber optic cables are, but I suspect not far enough. Why these cables aren't buried deep and inside non-metal conduit/tubing is beyond me.

Two happy moments yesterday- hard to choose!

I ventured out to the local Wild Bird Store after finding that they were open on weekends. Totally zero-touch- I dragged the 40-lb. bag of bird seed and 2 suet cakes to the counter, turned them so she could scan them, inserted my credit card in the reader, took it all out the door. I'd bought 10 lbs. of seed at the grocery store a week ago and it was pretty much gone- very happy to be able to buy from the small business. I'm getting my share of grackles but also a lot of goldfinches and woodpeckers.

My DDIL sent me an envelope with pictures my granddaughters (ages 3 and 6) had drawn and a letter from her. The kids will never be in line for art scholarships but the pictures were happy! DS chose well (and she knows how I feel about her). They live 3 hours away and I haven't seen them for a couple of months now.

My happiest moment today? Without a doubt, finishing the lawn mowing. This was my first mow and I was gathering data on (1) how well the new/used replacement mower performed, (2) how long it took me, and (3) how I felt after I finished. Two and half hours "invested," and I concluded that I think I'll look around for someone to hire for this job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom