What was your happiest moment today?

It was a good day. There were several nice moments, but the sun on my head through the open sunroof of the car was nice. It helps that my hair is thinning up there and lets the heat in :)

It was actually yesterday but got my first hole in one. It had been a long time since being that excited. It was extra fun that a lot of my friends witnessed it. Bad part was I had to buy breakfast for everyone. Nah, I was glad to buy breakfast.

Wow! Congratulations, Tom! :dance:

Rode the Bay Bike Trail to Coronado in San Diego, 30 miles round trip. Listened to a band performing in a park upon reaching Coronado and about cried with happiness to hear live music again.

Yesterday was my birthday and I was glad to still be around. But I had been invited to and attended a surprise birthday party for a cousin's 90th birthday. This beautiful lady and her late husband were very influential in my life as a teen. They were volunteer counselors for the youth of our church and she always had a kind word and good advice for all. Most of the people at the party were her immediate family and as soon as I walked in the door she threw her arms out and said "I need a hug" It was a wonderful evening of seeing a few old friends and happy tears at the memories. After the year we just went through it was a happy time for sure.

My air compressor handles bicycle tire inflation with ease. I now have a functioning bike I can use to get myself into shape.

I had my biannual oncology recheck this afternoon. I am approaching 3 years cancer-free, so will have these rechecks for another two years.

Happiest moment: my favorite nurse practitioner finished the exam and announced: all clear! Good to go for another six months. :dance::dance:

Second happiest moment: picking up my favorite Italian takeout on the way home to celebrate.

I am thankful and grateful with every bite. :blush:

This is great news, congratulations!

DH got his second pfizer vaccine tonight! In and out within an hour.

Walking down a street I don't often use today I found a morel by the side of the road. Right in my own neighborhood, so it's now going to be on my regular route much more often!

And yes, it was delicious.

Attachments

• morel.jpg
    morel.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 38
Walking down a street I don't often use today I found a morel by the side of the road. Right in my own neighborhood, so it's now going to be on my regular route much more often!

And yes, it was delicious.
Oh my, I'm drooling.

Thirty years ago we were both sick really sick, DW had walking pneumonia and I wasn't far behind. Her birthday is next week and I was off enjoying my sickness. In any case I walked out back in gentle rain and found about 15 smaller ones. Now I needed some breadcrumbs and went to the grocery store for some and a birthday card for DW.

I was horribly ill, it was all I could do, but I really wanted to get the stuff to help make her feel better. As I drove there the excitement of my find was wearing off and I was feeling worse. I broke out into a cold sweat from the rainy day and the horrible fever I had. The gentleman rang me up as I sweated profusely. He made some comment about rain making me wet and I corrected him saying I was sweating from fever and illness as I watched him jump back. DW was suitably impressed by the morels and my stubbornness.

Two things:
Casually looked up 457b balance today--it is now double what it was when I retired a little over 4 years ago--wow!

DD and GS will be staying with us for a few days--their kitchen is undergoing some updating and too hard to keep an 18 month old out of the way! Happy Grandma, but I know I will be exhausted keeping up with him :)

eBay is not full of evil sellers. That is my happiest moment of the day.

An ancient (in computer technology years) motherboard in one of my servers died. No boot, diagnostics coded showed issue with CPU. Testing with several different CPUs that worked showed same result. CPU in board worked fine in another server, so the board is the issue.

It had a lot of memory, so my first (and cheapskate) choice was to get the same board. On eBay, found someone selling the board, used and in "100% working condition). For $50 + tax I bought the board.

The board I received, however, was also DOA. Tested it with multiple working CPUs, power supplies, and memory sticks. Same diagnostic code as my board, will not boot.

Okay Jolly, I thought, gird your loins and brace yourself for the task of trying to get a refund. Opened a return case, documented it was not working and the steps I had taken, submitted. I figured this will be a long process.

To my surprise, within 10 minutes the seller credited me back the sale, and also sent an email apologizing for the board not working. I received the email with the link for the return shipping label, but the link did not bring it up.

I emailed the seller saying I was not getting a return label to send it back. The seller replied do not worry about it, it is not worth returning a non-working board, keep it, feel free to recycle.

Even though the board did not work, I appreciated the sellers quick response and making things easy. I was sure to give him good feedback.

P.S. Now the project has moved from "repair" to "Blow That Dough!" :)

Our son and daughter-in-law are expecting their 2nd child in Sept. Their son is 2 1/2 and our only grandchild. Today they had a gender reveal with a cake. The cake was decorated with "Boy or Girl?" on the top and the color of the frosting inside revealed the gender. Light blue frosting! IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

We are thrilled! :D:dance::LOL::):clap::clap::clap::biggrin:

Attachments

• 98A2B624-315C-4D1D-9383-A14CDA72DE85_1_201_a.jpg
    98A2B624-315C-4D1D-9383-A14CDA72DE85_1_201_a.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 23
My happiest moment today was when my eye doctor announced her findings after doing a thorough eye exam:

No real change in my eyesight/no need for new glasses.
No real change in my early cataracts/no action required.
No signs of macular degeneration (thank goodness).
No signs of glaucoma - pressure is normal at 16 mm Hg (thank goodness).

This is one of those exams where you do want all the answers to questions to begin with a resounding "no!"

She said my eyes are in great shape. :)

Last edited:
My happiest moment yesterday was getting together with three other girlfriends that I have chatted with weekly on zoom since the pandemic started.

We are now all fully vaccinated and returning to our lives, bit by bit, again. We kept each other sane during our isolated times over this past year.

It was soooooo good to see them all in person. We enjoyed a fabulous picnic lunch in a shady spot by the bay, with a gorgeous breeze and perfect temperatures. Sailboats, ospreys, puppies, and jumping fish added to the idyllic setting.

It feels like we started the pandemic together, endured it together, and are now coming out of it together. Our friendship has deepened so much over this past year - an unexpected silver lining of it all.

In recent days baby started walking after first bday earlier this month and oldest read me a childrens book cover to cover. Its clicking. They are growing. We are living. We aren't letting life happen.

Our son and daughter-in-law are expecting their 2nd child in Sept. Their son is 2 1/2 and our only grandchild. Today they had a gender reveal with a cake. The cake was decorated with "Boy or Girl?" on the top and the color of the frosting inside revealed the gender. Light blue frosting! IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

We are thrilled! :D:dance::LOL::):clap::clap::clap::biggrin:

congratulations!

eBay is not full of evil sellers. That is my happiest moment of the day.

An ancient (in computer technology years) motherboard in one of my servers died. No boot, diagnostics coded showed issue with CPU. Testing with several different CPUs that worked showed same result. CPU in board worked fine in another server, so the board is the issue.

It had a lot of memory, so my first (and cheapskate) choice was to get the same board. On eBay, found someone selling the board, used and in "100% working condition). For $50 + tax I bought the board.

The board I received, however, was also DOA. Tested it with multiple working CPUs, power supplies, and memory sticks. Same diagnostic code as my board, will not boot.

Okay Jolly, I thought, gird your loins and brace yourself for the task of trying to get a refund. Opened a return case, documented it was not working and the steps I had taken, submitted. I figured this will be a long process.

To my surprise, within 10 minutes the seller credited me back the sale, and also sent an email apologizing for the board not working. I received the email with the link for the return shipping label, but the link did not bring it up.

I emailed the seller saying I was not getting a return label to send it back. The seller replied do not worry about it, it is not worth returning a non-working board, keep it, feel free to recycle.

Even though the board did not work, I appreciated the sellers quick response and making things easy. I was sure to give him good feedback.

P.S. Now the project has moved from "repair" to "Blow That Dough!" :)
That's not so much cheap as it is lazy. It's so easy to swap in identical hardware and get things going as opposed to building from scratch again.

One of our neighbors, behind us and over one, started building an in ground swimming pool last summer. It was still unfinished over the winter. It’s a corner lot and with the fence removed for the pool construction their yard was very exposed for a long time.

The pool was finally finished a few weeks ago and then a new privacy fence went up. Today it’s finally hot enough to use the pool and it makes me happy to hear kids giggles and splashing!

We are in northeast Ohio, in a 1950s suburb. Pool season is mid May to maybe mid Sept. The lots are not large and this pool is only 16x26. Then with the surrounding pavement it takes up half the yard. This is a huge investment for a property in this neighborhood. The owner must love it here and really want a pool to have had this done. That says a lot for our neighborhood.

I hope they have many years of enjoyment in their new pool!

Last edited:
One of our neighbors, behind us and over one, started building an in ground swimming pool last summer. It was still unfinished over the winter. It’s a corner lot and with the fence removed for the pool construction their yard was very exposed for a long time.

The pool was finally finished a few weeks ago and then a new privacy fence went up. Today it’s finally hot enough to use the pool and it makes me happy to hear kids giggles and splashing!

We are in northeast Ohio, in a 1950s suburb. Pool season is mid May to maybe mid Sept. The lots are not large and this pool is only 16x26. Then with the surrounding pavement it takes up half the yard. This is a huge investment for a property in this neighborhood. The owner must love it here and really want a pool to have had this done. That says a lot for our neighborhood.

I hope they have many years of enjoyment in their new pool!

Wow - I love it! I hope so too, Sue. I kind of forgot how nice it is to come in here and read these "happiest moments." I need to do this more often - they really make me smile.

Here it is, a Wednesday. I've now been retired over 17 months, and I still marvel at how great it is that I'm off of w*rk and enjoying the morning while many people are w*rking today! Right now I'm getting breakfast ready for DW and me, and I'm looking out the kitchen window at the robins poking around on the front lawn. I thank the Lord and marvel - life sure is good! :)

My happiest moment yesterday was getting together with three other girlfriends that I have chatted with weekly on zoom since the pandemic started.

We are now all fully vaccinated and returning to our lives, bit by bit, again. We kept each other sane during our isolated times over this past year.

It was soooooo good to see them all in person. We enjoyed a fabulous picnic lunch in a shady spot by the bay, with a gorgeous breeze and perfect temperatures. Sailboats, ospreys, puppies, and jumping fish added to the idyllic setting.

It feels like we started the pandemic together, endured it together, and are now coming out of it together. Our friendship has deepened so much over this past year - an unexpected silver lining of it all.

Isn't it great to be getting with people again? I have a group of guys that I spend time with on Thursday mornings, and we're planning to attend a baseball game together in a couple weeks. Play ball! What's not to love about spending time with people again? :)

Cool but sunny morning, having coffee watching the squirrels. Later today will go pick up DGS from preschool. It's always a happy day when I see one of my grandkids!

Woke up at 6am to the sound of a puppy whining to go outside. It's the first time she made it through the night!!!!

Isn't it great to be getting with people again? I have a group of guys that I spend time with on Thursday mornings, and we're planning to attend a baseball game together in a couple weeks. Play ball! What's not to love about spending time with people again? :)

Indeed it is!!!

To me, life would be meaningless without having others I care about to share it with. And that's coming from an introvert and natural hermit! :D

Back
Top Bottom