What was your happiest moment today?

Congratulations!

Loved having my son and grandson over this weekend and they spent the night, even though they live nearby. Grandson loves to be here and get spoiled!
But , happiest moment today is resting up from yesterday:LOL:

I'll bet! :LOL: And thanks, Pacergal.

We have friends (early 80s) who needed to move in with their daughter and daughter's husband due to failing health. Then my friends' adult grand daughter moved home with her 3 year old boy. Since then, much as they love the little guy, they get little peace (night or day.) Some times, GKs (in this case, GGKs) are too much of a good thing!:(

Oh gosh! Wow, so sorry to hear this. :(

I'm undecided if I had a happiest moment, ask me in 6 months!
My son signed the purchase offer on his first home to live in.
It is a fixer upper, and a lot of work, even if all does go well.
It is a short walking distance from our home, so I will be very involved in the fix up.:confused:

Last edited:
I had a great call with the civil engineer and he got a proposal to me ASAP to get our house build going.

I had a great call with the civil engineer and he got a proposal to me ASAP to get our house build going.

Nice. Congratulations to you. Keep us posted on the build.

I have spent many hours building sweat equity with my father. Sometimes the key is to take a trip to home depot when things get tense lol.

I'm undecided if I had a happiest moment, ask me in 6 months!
My son signed the purchase offer on his first home to live in.
It is a fixer upper, and a lot of work, even if all does go well.
It is a short walking distance from our home, so I will be very involved in the fix up.:confused:

I have spent many hours building swat equity with my father. The key is to take a trip to home depot alone when things get tense.

(Yesterday) Resident Building Manger said he is finally going to get to my master-bath sink drain which (last year) leaked into the apartment below. Almost a year without a sink. I am hopeful he will be able to fix it and not need to call in an expensive plumber. It would be SO nice to have a sink again. (He will have to cut into the exterior wall from the outside. NOT a trivial process.)

Living in a concrete egg-carton building has some advantages (very low risk of conflagration) but "fixing" anything (electrical, plumbing, TV-cable, etc.) is a real hassle. YMMV

Actually two days ago at the skating rink. There were two teenage, maybe 14 yo. girls scooting around the perimeter, just enough skating skills not to fall down. Also an adult couple doing slow laps.

After about a half hour the girls left the rink, removed skates.

I kept skating in my usual casual fashion playing, cutting curves and turns on the ice to music played on the rink's amp and speakers from my old Iphone4. An hour later when I got off the ice the girls and their mother came up to me and asked for my autograph.
I said am not famous, not a skating pro, why would you want it? They said they really enjoyed my skating. So I igned their autograph booklets.
That is first in my life.

Actually two days ago at the skating rink. There were two teenage, maybe 14 yo. girls scooting around the perimeter, just enough skating skills not to fall down. Also an adult couple doing slow laps.

I kept skating in my usual casual fashion playing, cutting curves and turns on the ice to music played on the rink's amp and speakers from my old Iphone4. An hour later when I got off the ice the girls and their mother came up to me and asked for my autograph.
I said am not famous, not a skating pro, why would you want it? They said they really enjoyed my skating. So I igned their autograph booklets.

That's cool and rather unique. Treasure the moment.:)

Building manager finally got to our 2-year old leak today. Living in a concrete egg-carton building means that getting to rusted pipes is an "issue." A wall had to be taken out and the pipe was finally replaced. The water is no longer leaking inside the walls (down into the next apartment.) NOW, however, the sink connection to the p-trap is leaking because it dried out over the past two years.:facepalm: Oh, well. I can deal with that or hire it fixed. No way could I cut through walls to fix the drain pipe.

What a relief to have a sink again in the master bath after 2 years!:cool:

Building manager finally got to our 2-year old leak today. Living in a concrete egg-carton building means that getting to rusted pipes is an "issue." A wall had to be taken out and the pipe was finally replaced. The water is no longer leaking inside the walls (down into the next apartment.) NOW, however, the sink connection to the p-trap is leaking because it dried out over the past two years.:facepalm: Oh, well. I can deal with that or hire it fixed. No way could I cut through walls to fix the drain pipe.

What a relief to have a sink again in the master bath after 2 years!:cool:

Update: The sink is fixed ("free" - aka as part of the pipe fix) and the bill was only $1400 for the pipe replacement within the wall. Such a deal. That means, so far, our leaks (within the past 12 months) only cost us about $12,000 give or take. I don't even want to look at the bills. BUT the good news: We now have one fully functioning bathroom! The other bathroom is in the process of having the ceiling replaced where the folks above us leaked into OUR bathroom - so THEY pay. When (if) we replace our shower/tub in that bathroom, we will have two (count them, two) fully functioning bathrooms. It's amazing.

Oh, yes! Yesterday, we dropped our taxes off at the CPA. After all these years, she has instilled in me a fair amount of confidence that she does things correctly. Of course, we still have to sign the e-submit form and pay her, but the hard w*rk of gathering documents (no thanks to Vanguard) is complete and all we have to do is pay extra (for next year - to avoid quarterlies) because DW cashed in a MYGA that had a huge taxable amount from a previous 1035 exchange. It had to happen sooner or later. So, IRMAA, here we come. BUT that's another thread and YMMV.

Going to pick up youngest grandson for a day with Grandpa and Grandma.
Love my time with grand babies!

Wow! That's amazing! I hope you savored the moment! :LOL:

Going to pick up youngest grandson for a day with Grandpa and Grandma.
Love my time with grand babies!

Ahhhh - I know you do, Pacergal. I'm glad you enjoy your time with the little munchkins so much!

By the way - I don't know whether I've announced in here that our first grandchild is on the way; I think the birth will be early September. DW and I are certainly planning a trip around then to see him! Can't wait! :) :dance:

Darn! great ego builder!

The only time I was asked for my autograph was when the cop wanted me to sign the speeding ticket!:blush:

Back
Top Bottom