What's everyone listening to?

Martha said:
Merger law 101: all contracts of both companies will survive the merger and become the obligations of the surviving company.

except they always find a way to get out of pensions..... :confused:

oh, sorry, that's not a merger, that's reorganization.

bosco said:
except they always find a way to get out of pensions..... :confused:

oh, sorry, that's not a merger, that's reorganization.
Our HR book always states that employment is at will and there is no contract or something similar.

Martha said:
Merger law 101: all contracts of both companies will survive the merger and become the obligations of the surviving company.

:) This was a key factor in my getting to FIRE.

The last 10 years of my w*rking life were spent as the lead negotiator going after merged companies who attempted to breach our service agreements. It was one of those jobs no one else seemed to be interested in doing, and for a decade I averaged collecting almost $3M per year in early contract termination settlement payments. I think it was a big reason my number never came up whenever we had headcount reductions.

Bill Frisell - East West / Live - one the the most interesting guitar players these days.
Ali Farke Toure - In the heart of the moon - great west african guitar & african harp (kora) improv music
The Dirty Dozen Brass Band - What's going on - One of the best the many fine NOLA groups today.
Al Hirt & the The Tijuana Brass - (whipped cream and other delights)
Sara tavares - great singer from the canary islands - kind of a blend of african & brazilian music
Oz Noy - Ha !- Israeli guitarist who's a super funky jazz machine.

Back
Top Bottom