What's your favorite fund/ETF ?

My favorites are VTI, VEU, VBR, VSS, and BND.

:clap:

I will extend this list a tad bit: VV, VTV, VNQ, VWO, VPL, VGK

I asked a very similar question when I first joined this forum. Wanted everything dividend and received similar answers. Eventually I did see the light :D

What's the difference between VSS and VXUS.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
I like simple. Our core holding is fund of index funds that owns the whole world's publicly traded economy, Vanguard LifeStrategy Growth Fund (VASGX). It self-rebalances to 80/20 and expenses are .12 or so. At FIRE my ideal would be to have everything in it or the Moderate 60/40 version. Fidelity has a similar Four-In-One-Fund.

I like simple. Our core holding is fund of index funds that owns the whole world's publicly traded economy, Vanguard LifeStrategy Growth Fund (VASGX). It self-rebalances to 80/20 and expenses are .12 or so. At FIRE my ideal would be to have everything in it or the Moderate 60/40 version. Fidelity has a similar Four-In-One-Fund.

Just like the above quote, I am using VASIX which is the opposite 20/80 a more conservative fund but works for me!

For funds, VWIAX, for etfs it would be VTI.

My legacy 401k just added the Vanguard Institutional Total Stock Market Index Fund Institutional Plus Shares (VITPX), expense ratio 0.02%! Looks like my new favorite now.

A big THANKS to all who replied. It led to so much research and it really opened my eyes. Vanguard is very popular among those here, and I used the performance and expenses of those funds as a guide. In the end I built a roughly 60/40 portfolio and looking between Schwab and Fidelity, I have decided that Fidelity is the best place for me. Using several of their Spartan funds and some iShares ETFs I was able to put together a portfolio that nets out to an average expense ratio of 0.157%. performance is very similar to many of the funds posted here. My funds that I'll use to start are....

• (57%) Mutual Funds/ETFs - IVV IVW DVY FUSEX FIKFX
  • (38%) BONDS - FUBFX FLBAX Bond ladder TBD
  • ( 4%) Cash
  • ( 1%) Exploratory Stock Fund (a place to tinker)
Thanks all !!! I'll be saving the 0.9% advisory fee each year and have reduced my expense ratio by over 400%

( I chose between Fidelity and Schwab because I do want to opportunity for some face to face time on occasion. Both Schwab and Fidelity charge fees to purchase Vanguard funds, so that's why I steered away from them. I could just split accounts and open a Vanguard account too, but I'm just not there yet.)

Last edited:
Any total US equities fund that has an expense ratio of <= 5 basis points.

I'm at Fidelity, so in my case: FSTVX.

Back
Top Bottom