When Did You See the Light? II (danger:religion thread)

Martha said:
Wab, can you quit playing with yourself and look at my computer question? Pleeeeease?

Thats what made him wanna play with himself :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Hey SG...you're a swell guy. I really like you a lot. I think you're terrific.

wab said:
Sorry, I thought this was the ER circle jerk forum.   How does this thread differ from all the other threads?

This one doesn't have any pics of half-nekkid wimmin (yet).

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
. . .Hey SG...you're a swell guy.  I really like you a lot.  I think you're terrific.
Tact is often insincere, but not all insincerity is tactful. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You'll have to try harder, CFB, you wonderful little bunny. :LOL:

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Thats what made him wanna play with himself :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What, you think he was excited by the spectral mask and the peak energy of her channels?

Ok, I didn't see a "dorky" smiley face.

brewer12345 said:
This one doesn't have any pics of half-nekkid wimmin (yet).

Brewer, how could you. Now its just a matter of time. Oh wait, OAP left didn't he?

Summertime, and the livin' is easy.

Just to finish my "boob" story over here ;): Our waitresses were all very good looking, between the ages of 25-30. And they enjoyed teasing the young boys. The original argument started out as a friendly fight between one waitress saying the other couldn't keep a pencil in place underneath. This fight only occured around us young lads. We, the lads, were getting so bug-eyed over this discussion (and where it might lead) that our favorite waitress took pity on us in the manager's office. But we gathered up the money and the can of Rightguard. We were on a mission. I suspect it was the first adult, real live (non-backseat-of-a-car with a sixteen year old girl) exposure experience for all of us.

Don't forget Gregstein's Four Retirement Pillars: Play-Snack-talk religion and/or politics-Nap.

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
Just to finish my "boob" story over here ;):  I suspect it was the first adult, real live (non-backseat-of-a-car with a sixteen year old girl) exposure experience for all of us. 
Nice try, but I don't think that retelling the story here is going to get Martha involved in a rematch!

sgeeeee said:
Tact is often insincere, but not all insincerity is tactful. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You'll have to try harder, CFB, you wonderful little bunny. :LOL:

No, no, no...I really mean it. I love you, man... :D

Re: When Did You See the Light? II

HaHa said:
I believe that the people who post here currently are mostly too smart and too respectful of others' feelings to get very involved in a  thread like this.

OK, you proved me wrong. :)

ha

Hmmm

Sooo - I go out and about for a while - come back four pages later and nobody's posted ' I'm outtahere', gone to hell/er moved to Texas, or put up any ladies with big bazoomers. Greg came closest.

Ain't we just a bunch of well mannered sweeties.

Now a thread on evil dare I say the word - 'SWR' - that would stir the pot.

heh heh heh heh heh - used dryer sheets all around - great job.

unclemick2 said:
..Sooo - I go out and about for a while - come back four pages later and nobody's posted ' I'm outtahere', gone to hell/er moved to Texas, or put up any ladies with big bazoomers. Greg came closest...

Bazoomers  :D  What an awesome word.  Two thumbs up!!!

Hmmmm

Like the De Gaul quote - absolutely no idea where/when I first heard it.

heh heh heh

The Church of the Bazoomers, eh? Yeah, I'd convert. :)

wab said:
The Church of the Bazoomers, eh?   Yeah, I'd convert.  :)
Yeah, but I think I've seen the hat for that church and it's not that neat. :)

Martha made an obscure reference to purim the other day (at least I think she did), so I looked it up.   I'm thinking about celebrating random religious holidays, and purim has a lot going for it.

According to the Talmud, a person is required to drink until he cannot tell the difference between "cursed be Haman" and "blessed be Mordecai," though opinions differ as to exactly how drunk that is.

Religions appeal to me more and more all the time.

wab said:
According to the Talmud, a person is required to drink until he cannot tell the difference between "cursed be Haman" and "blessed be Mordecai," though opinions differ as to exactly how drunk that is.
Careful-- I bet it sounds a lot different in the original Hebrew than it reads in the King's English...

"If the King's English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me!"

-A quote attributed to "Ma" Ferguson, the first female governor of Texas, in 1925.

wab said:
Martha made an obscure reference to purim the other day (at least I think she did), so I looked it up.   I'm thinking about celebrating random religious holidays, and purim has a lot going for it.

This sounds like the first written recording of closing time at the bar! Enough beers and any Haman looks like a Mordecai! :LOL:

I'm not  sure what it will take. When we look around the world we can see some societies and parts of societies realizing that religions are really just basic superstitions run amok! :'(. I'm not sure what it will take. Maybe supertelescopes that will show us other habital planets. :LOL:. Maybe people just growing up and realizing what a pile of horsesh*t all this is. But then a bunch of "born agains" jump out and take 40 points off your national I.Q.

The Middle East for whatever reason has been afflicted with this for millenia. And the U.S. against the advice of 90% of the rest of the world plunged both hands and feet into this terrible tarbaby called Iraq. :'(

I did see the light many many years ago. It troubles me that mothers fathers and children are still dying today because of all this nonsense.

I am proud that I broke free and cut the cycle. When you see and hear the the "Bakers, Swaggart, Limbaugh, Benny Hinn, The Crystal Cathedral.............and on and on........it makes you want to barf! :(

I think you need to separate good religion from bad religion.

Born agains don't bother me when they would have been convicts otherwise.

Religious organizations like Habitat for Humanity (A Christian Ministry) do some good.   So do local churches.

The bad stuff from religions all stems from xenophobia.   People don't like people who are different.   That problem will never go away even if religion does.

wab said:
The bad stuff from religions all stems from xenophobia.   People don't like people who are different.   That problem will never go away even if religion does.

Am not sure the bad stuff doesn't stem only from xenophobia.  I think it is also about some individuals, or a group, using organized religion in particular as a basis to believe they are better than those who don't have the same beliefs. I see it time and time again, and more recently being used for personal gain by influential politicians as well. 

That is different than being spiritual within oneself and I have respect for those that believe in spirituality - members of my own family included.  It is also different from a local church organization that can and does organize the 'community', i.e. its congregation, to do something constructive for those in need. But that is where it stops for me.

Organized religion to me is often about building and maintaining a business model and a hierarchy to support it.  One has to only look at who gathers power and leverages that power within organized religion for personal gain. I primarily see organized religion as just another mega-corporation.  I was put off organized religion as a preteen when I realized passing the collection plate was really about using the guilt complex to extract from the gullible (and often the poor) to feed the monster that builds glorious structures, hoards gold and art and makes life comfortable for an elite of 'business leaders'.

Sunday school at ~ 8 years old.  Thank god for my religious upbringing, without it who know what beliefs I would have adopted. 

When I realized the the phrase "believe as I do or god will damn you" morphs into "believe as I do or I will kill you". Age about 12.

As long as a person's religious beliefs are not imposed on others, a religious faith doesn't become my problem. Too often religion is used to exercise power over others or to aquire money.

I don't like others asking about my religious beliefs nor do I appreciate others telling me where they worship.

Whether or not one professes a religious belief, I notice that each of us has found THE ANSWER.

Back
Top Bottom