When to replace stuff?

I must admit that after reading about Easysurfer's new vacuum cleaner, I am so tempted to replace my perfectly good Hoover Windtunnel vacuum cleaner with one like his.

My present vacuum cleaner is corded, needs bags, extremely heavy, and no matter how badly I treat it, it will probably still be running long after I have departed this mortal coil. It is 10-12 years old and still running like new. And still heavy.

His is cordless, bagless, and not very heavy at all, and despite his protests I don't think it is that expensive. I just can't bring myself to buy it when I already have a vacuum cleaner.

Maybe I can get Frank to use my vacuum cleaner for target practice. :D

Shopping resale is a major hobby. :dance:

+1

Have been learning the pure fun and adventure of this, since now we have more time and less $. It's a blast, especially when I find new stuff, either in the box or with the tags still on, for just $4-5. (But, of course, we only buy things that need replacing, as we are also trying to do serious down-sizing/purging of the closets, garage and basement.)

What a great way to stretch our dollars!

:D

at least 20 boxes of "stuff" in storage for the kids (:confused:) ....
When we moved and also did a modest downsizing, we delivered all of the stored boxes to our kids. Out of the piles of debris delivered, they saved almost nothing. We had dragged that crap around through several moves. It was always "too precious" for them to get rid of and they didn't have the room "yet."

When we moved and also did a modest downsizing, we delivered all of the stored boxes to our kids. Out of the piles of debris delivered, they saved almost nothing. We had dragged that crap around through several moves. It was always "too precious" for them to get rid of and they didn't have the room "yet."

Our exact experience to date....;)

Use it up
Wear it out
Make it do
Do without

I must admit that after reading about Easysurfer's new vacuum cleaner, I am so tempted to replace my perfectly good Hoover Windtunnel vacuum cleaner with one like his.

My present vacuum cleaner is corded, needs bags, extremely heavy, and no matter how badly I treat it, it will probably still be running long after I have departed this mortal coil. It is 10-12 years old and still running like new. And still heavy.

His is cordless, bagless, and not very heavy at all, and despite his protests I don't think it is that expensive. I just can't bring myself to buy it when I already have a vacuum cleaner.

Maybe I can get Frank to use my vacuum cleaner for target practice. :D

Just checked the UPS tracking. The vacuum cleaner is due for delivery today :D

Back
Top Bottom