Where do we all live?

We live in the Finger Lakes Area of New York. Beautiful...
Beautiful indeed! I spent many happy summers on the shore of Seneca. My parents and most of my siblings honeymooned in the area.

We live in the Finger Lakes Area of New York. Beautiful...

Ms.G and I have biked around all the lakes and visited all the wineries on our bikes. Finding our way back to the B&B's was always a challenge. Seneca Lake and Glenora Winery one of our favorites, Bully Hill on Keuka Lake being another. Lots of fine memories of the early 90's.

My family has lived in a small town in Jersey County Illinois for 8 years and lived for 33 years in a River town on the Mississippi near St Louis, Mo. My intent is to move to eastern Tennessee and enjoy retirement commuting between Tennessee and Florida. This is all subject to the wife's health and approval.

Small world. I grew up just south of where you are now and played a lot of baseball in Brighton.

DW and I currently live in the DC metro area and are moving to Western Maryland this year.

I know some folk do not like doing this for fear the rest of us will make a bee line for their homes and somehow make their lives miserable, but personally I think it is harmless.

Please share if you are comfortable the County/parish, proximity and State where you live. I will go first to give all an idea on what to share.

We are in St. Johns County, in North East Florida, Close to the beach

We have been here 10 years. Were previously in The Eastern Caribbean (3 years, and before that in coastal Orange County California.
I live in Spartanburg County, SC. Before that I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
Prior to that (1992 to 2000) Tokyo Japan and Santa Cruz CA.

Pittsburgh, PA. A great place to be retired. Relatively low cost of living, relatively low taxes on retirement income, some free services, fantastic health infrastructure. And now thanks to global warming, a better climate than when I was growing up.

North Shore Kauai since 2017, moved 2 years after retiring at 55. DH still doing some w**k with clients in the midwest, but winding down. We've owned our condo here for 5 years, testing the waters and renting on VRBO when we weren't visiting before our final move. We've been very happy here, and have found ways to live "simply" to manage the high COL. Hope to be here for many more years.

Everywhere, and nowhere!

We are full time RVers currently parked at McDowell Mountain Regional Park, outside Fountain Hills, AZ. It is a spectacularly beautiful piece of the Sonoran Desert. I know where Cave Creek is too, just a few miles north of us and Cave Creek Regional Park was home for two weeks last winter.

Born and raised in WI, did time in IL and currently domiciled in SD.

We are in Sullivan County, NY, right on the border of 3 counties actually- Sullivan. Orange and Ulster - near Walker Valley- and in the Hudson Valley Region. We are next to the Shawangunk State Forest and Sam's Point and Ice Caves Mountain.

On a sailboat in Fl and Bahamas for the winter and WNC for the other 6 months. The best of both!

Fiji. Living on a 15 acre seaside fruit farm. Early retired from the U.S. 11 years ago.

the frozen tundra of mpls, mn. last year at this time we were hosting the super bowl. can you imagine all the tourists coping with -24 temps and windchills of -54? they never would have allowed another superbowl in a northern city again.

Same here in the SW metro. I love the summers here and the winter when we get lots of snow that sticks around. That hasn't happened much in the last 4 years since I have been back in the country. That makes me think about moving somewhere warmer but I really hate hot/muggy and hothot/dry isn't so appealing either. I was just in Puerto Vallarta for 85F and a touch muggy but I got used to it. Then I came home to -30F without the windchill :(

I think about moving up closer to the city as I always drive up there for good music and festivals. Plus it would be great to be closer to the airport for all those sub $100 flights to do for fun. Then again -30F makes me think about moving south. The problem is I don't know of an ideal place. Lot's of outdoor active sports and culture here. It is on the expensive side but it's not CA or NYC.

What's great about where you live?

Finishing the construction of our "forever" home near Traverse City, MI. We've moved so many times that I've lost count. No move moves!

Scottsdale, Arizona. Came here 23 years ago and have yet to feel the itch to leave.

I see a few people who are living in areas where I spent some time. Working backwards I have lived in Houston, PA; Baden, Switzerland; Cincinnati, OH; Harrisburg, NC; Boca Raton, FL; East Lansing, MI; Rialto, CA; and Cleveland, OH. My family left Cleveland when I was young so my memories of the area are limited. Growing up in southern California was a lot of fun.

I’m from No. California and have been living in Ajijic, Mexico for 3 years. I’ve been wanting to give living in another part of U.S. a try, so I’m headed to the Asheville, NC area this spring—my first time living on the “east” coast and ready for a new adventure!

We just returned from a visit to "The Top Of The World" in Ocala and the Villages of Citrus Hills.

We will not be moving to The Top of the World, not really our cup of tea. We much preferred Citrus hills, in particular The Terra Vista community.

Moved to Gloucester County Virginia on a small lake in the Middle Peninsula of the lower Chesapeake Bay area from the now frozen tundra of western exburbs of Minneapolis about 9 months ago. Was 72 F today vs 10 F in Minnesota. No regrets - better weather, lower taxes, lower COL in general, and fresh crab cakes and oysters abound. Originally from Eastern PA - spent 2 years on seacoast of NH, 15 years in the Northern Tier of PA then 13 years in Exurbs of MN before VA.

Back
Top Bottom