Where to buy computer cables on-line

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Where is a good site to buy computer cables? Specifically, I'm looking for a DVI-I (dual link) male at one end and DVI-D (dual link) male on the other end. Just want to connect my monitor to my graphics card. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I did a search on-line and cound not find this particular cable - maybe I did not know where to look. Thanks.

Cables

Amazon has a lot of cables. I've gotten micro HDMI from them. I did a search on DVI-I to DVI-D and they have adapters and a few cables. Check them out

www.monoprice.com

Cheap, good, fast. I bought all the interconnects, adapters, and even the flat panel wall mount for a home theater setup from them. Some 20 six foot optical, HDMI, DVD, and audio cables, for around $100 total. That would have gotten me 3 or 4 cables at Worst Buy...

www.monoprice.com

Cheap, good, fast. I bought all the interconnects, adapters, and even the flat panel wall mount for a home theater setup from them. Some 20 six foot optical, HDMI, DVD, and audio cables, for around $100 total. That would have gotten me 3 or 4 cables at Worst Buy...

Damn betcha. Monoprice for the win just as you say.

Another vote for Amazon. Since I got Amazon Prime, I rarely buy anywhere else.

I used to swear by monoprice.com, and they're still just as good. In the meantime though, Amazon.com has gotten much better with cable pricing, and now almost exclusively buy cables through Amazon.com.

The key message of this thread will probably end up being: Don't buy cables anywhere other than monoprice.com or Amazon.com. :)

I'm satisfied with the cables I've bought at amazon.

I'm a big fan of Amazon and had not heard of monoprice.com until this thread. I just added monoprice.com to my favorites as some of their prices look dirt cheap.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Amazon and had not heard of monoprice.com until this thread. I just added monoprice.com to my favorites and some of the prices are dirt cheap.

I did the same. I've got good deals through Amazon also, but you usually deal with a 3rd party, and that can be questionable. With the good reviews on monoprice here, I'll probably make them my 'go to' place (and/or look for them on Amazon).

-ERD50

In addition to Amazon I have also purchased cables from newegg.com, Their prices are also good, free shipping on a lot of things w/o a minimum purchase, and I have had very good customer service

I just went to monoprice.com, and looked up the cost of a 6' HDMI cable.

It was $3.50, which is cheap. There was no mention of any shipping cost or policy whatsoever until it was in my "basket", though.

Shipping was $3.86, more than the cable, so the total would be $7.36.

So, what I am saying is to be sure to include the shipping as you do your comparison shopping. I think I'll stick with Amazon Prime.

Goodwill.

I've gotten several HDMI 6' cables for 99 Cents +senior discount.
Also USB cables and extenders for under $1.- each. One was gold plated! Not that makes any difference in signal transport capability.

Reactions: W2R
I've used monoprice.com several times, but thanks for the reminder to check Amazon next time I need a cable.

It used to be that the bricks-and-mortar stores would charge about $75 for an HDMI cable that monoprice charged less than $5. I bought a tilting wall mount for a flat panel TV a few years ago for $26 from monoprice when the discounted price for the same thing at Home Despot was $150.

But things change.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom