Why can't robots "check the box"?

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
I thought this was an interesting and entertaining short 3 minute video about how "checking the box" on a website can determine you aren't a robot.

I thought this was an interesting and entertaining short 3 minute video about how "checking the box" on a website can determine you aren't a robot.
Thanks. Interesting and helpful.

Skynet will still figure this out, and we know the outcome …

I feel like I'm still having to click those pictures quite a bit, like which ones have crosswalks, etc.

I feel like I'm still having to click those pictures quite a bit, like which ones have crosswalks, etc.

Does that reflect on your android similarity?

Reference to video.

What a timely post. I just opened this EarlyRetirement website and first got a message filling the entire screen that said something like "Please stand by while we verify you are a human." After about 4 seconds, the forum opened. I have not see such a message before. Is this a new feature? And how are they verifying that I am a human? DW said they are looking at me via my monitor camera. That's a nice thought.

What a timely post. I just opened this EarlyRetirement website and first got a message filling the entire screen that said something like "Please stand by while we verify you are a human." After about 4 seconds, the forum opened. I have not see such a message before. Is this a new feature? And how are they verifying that I am a human? DW said they are looking at me via my monitor camera. That's a nice thought.

Yeah, this popped up for me too today - first time. What’s with that?

Darn, the bad guys will train their bots to become clueless idiots in a few months and then what?

OMG I hate those things! For a short while my AMEX site was requiring those verifications. With my vision, sometimes I'd miss that a motorcycle was in 10%
of a box, hidden in a corner. Or, to play safe I'd hit a box thinking there was a tiny piece in there. Then...repeat the entire friggin process. I called to complain, and eventually for AMEX anyway it's no longer needed.
Maybe they should have a senior citizen one similar to that joking meme about senior cornfield mazes.

Shoot, even I could program a humanish looking mouse path to the box by just recording a bunch of humans checking the box and playing those back. Trivial step in the cat and mouse game of bots...don't expect it to last. Welcome to hell.

Back
Top Bottom