worst luck with UPS after Thanksgiving

retire-early

Full time employment: Posting here.
I get things delivered by UPS throughout the year.
No problems.

First package I order from Amazon on Saturday and it is shipped UPS.
It is a 100W solar panel.

The tracking number says it was delivered at 3:58 pm and the package left on the front door.
I was home at the time, and there was no UPS truck.
And no notification by Ring.
So, I take a walk to the neighbor who sometimes gets my packages because the house numbers are sometimes transposed by delivery people.
Although this hasn't happened in over a year.
Nothing on their front door steps.

Sigh.

I get things delivered by UPS throughout the year.
No problems.

First package I order from Amazon on Saturday and it is shipped UPS.
It is a 100W solar panel.

The tracking number says it was delivered at 3:58 pm and the package left on the front door.
I was home at the time, and there was no UPS truck.
And no notification by Ring.
So, I take a walk to the neighbor who sometimes gets my packages because the house numbers are sometimes transposed by delivery people.
Although this hasn't happened in over a year.
Nothing on their front door steps.

Sigh.

I know the feeling,... I have waiting all day today for an overnight Fed Ex delivery... Guaranteed by 4:30.:LOL:

It must be the seasonal UPS drivers.
I saw one the other day.
He was driving a regular car and the only way you knew he was UPS is because he was wearing a UPS vest thingie.

Maybe your neighbor brought the package inside for safe keeping, until they could drop it off for you?

Solved.

It was delivered to yet another neighbor.
This neighbor's house is at the entrance of the court.

I think the UPS guy just picked one.
He didn't even drive into the court because I would have seen him given that my desk and PC overlooks my front door and driveway.

The UPS picked the closest house and dropped the package there.
While not heavy, it wasn't exactly light at 15 pounds.
Done.
He figured let them sort it out.

They all screw up. One time USPS emailed me a delivery notice on a camera but no sign of it on the porch. Long story short, it was delivered to a house a couple of blocks away, different street, same house number. USPS was able to confirm the error because their system records the lat/long of the point where the driver initiates the delivery-completed report. It took them a couple of days to get that figured out though and by then the camera was long gone. Delivery house was unoccupied.

All of the carriers are staffed by humans. That's the problem.

I know the feeling,... I have waiting all day today for an overnight Fed Ex delivery... Guaranteed by 4:30.:LOL:
Well to close mine out too... Fed Ex made it, albeit a little late....

The shipper had told me a signature would be required due to the high value, so I waited all day so I could sign for it...(I didn't want it sitting out in the open anyway) I asked the driver, "where do I sign", he said no signature was required...:facepalm:

Oh, and I signed up for tracking updates while waiting... Never got any!

Last edited:
USPS delivered an Amazon package to me last Wednesday. Left it by our front door.

I'm still getting daily USPS tracking updates this week for the package that was already delivered to me last Wednesday. The messages ask if I want to reschedule the delivery, and I tried to, but the message say my physical address is not correct and must match the address the postman tried to originally deliver to which (the message says) has no physical street address. Go figure.

I have directed all these daily messages to my SPAM folder. Sooner or later, I suppose they will stop.

Oh, my Amazon orders list shows the package as undelivered.

Screw it.

Didn't read the story, but just saw something on Yahoo indicating a FedX or UPS guy was dumping packages in the local river.

Reminds me of doing a Boy Scout (remember those) money-making project ca 1959 placing fliers in mailboxes or on porches/screen doors, etc. Took me all Saturday morning - past regular lunch. Several guys from the troop finished much faster as I saw them goofing down the street. I found out later they had dumped their fliers in a trash can. Not a good sign for the future. Wonder if they got jobs delivering packages. YMMV

USPS delivered an Amazon package to me last Wednesday. Left it by our front door.

I'm still getting daily USPS tracking updates this week for the package that was already delivered to me last Wednesday. The messages ask if I want to reschedule the delivery, and I tried to, but the message say my physical address is not correct and must match the address the postman tried to originally deliver to which (the message says) has no physical street address. Go figure.

I have directed all these daily messages to my SPAM folder. Sooner or later, I suppose they will stop.

Oh, my Amazon orders list shows the package as undelivered.

Screw it.

As a USPS apologist, I'd expect that Amazon is the source of the glitch.

Worked for UPS while I was going to college. Unloaded those little brown trucks at night. Ten months a year was a decent job. Christmas season was hell. Lots of odd shape and heavy boxes. No way I could meet the quota of unloading 1,200 parcels an hour out of those little brown trucks during the holidays.

And if back then … 1980’s … your UPS parcel arrived damaged. Sorry about that. I must have dropped your box when I was trying to meet the unloading quota.

Worked for UPS while I was going to college. Unloaded those little brown trucks at night. Ten months a year was a decent job. Christmas season was hell. Lots of odd shape and heavy boxes. No way I could meet the quota of unloading 1,200 parcels an hour out of those little brown trucks during the holidays.

And if back then … 1980’s … your UPS parcel arrived damaged. Sorry about that. I must have dropped your box when I was trying to meet the unloading quota.

Wow! 3 seconds per package. I hope there was some "bundling" of packages and some appropriate materials-handling aids (fork lift, lift jack, etc.)

I forgive you for the broken (el-cheapo) Tiffany style lamp I gave to DW for her BD (in Dec.) YMMV

Back
Top Bottom