Worthless junk from w*rk

As you realize age has snuck up on you, it gets easier to throw stuff out. What's the likelihood of using most stuff you haven't used in 20 years when you likely have less than 20 to go. Not a pleasant thought, perhaps, but age is liberating in some ways. YMMV

Not much useless stuff from work. But lots of work-related stuff. Many expensive outdated textbooks bought in medical school that I never looked at since. I've been clearing out books. Now the paper can be recycled, unlike 15 years ago. I stopped subscribing to most journals years ago. The one that I still get, I keep just kept 2 years then out to recycling. Now I look through to see if any of my med school and residency colleagues are authors. Lots of junk mail. Hospitals and health systems from a thousand miles away sending glossy monograms about their transplant programs. That's something I really need to keep up with on a regular basis (sarcasm).

DH and I walk past the recycling bin each day when we pick up the mail. We try to keep this useless stuff out of the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Some books like bird field guides have been on the shelf for 40 years. My thinking how much can a bird species change. But I see everyone with their I-something with nice photos, bird songs and maps in an easy to carry format.

er bird.JPG

I do have a few junk from w*rk that I've kept. Mostly for functionality such as a nice clock that also as the humidity thing which I hang on my wall and a letter opener. The best thing about the clock is the megacorp logo is barely noticeable :LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom