Yeah, weird, I know.

Welcome to the board!

I don't imagine that we will stay in the Maui place forever. It's 2.5 acres, and it may well be too much for us as we get older. On that property you are allowed to build an main house, and a guest cottage that can be no more than 1,000 sq. ft. We've currently got the cottage built, and we are undecided whether or not we'll ever build the main house. So there are a lot of potential ways to slice that. We could live in the cottage and sell the main house land to someone else. We could build the main house, move into that, and sell the cottage, or sell the whole shooting match. It's good to have options, I guess.
Excellent! Which surf break do you frequent?

I'm going to make one last comment on this and then drop it but I know EXACTLY what your talking about. Many years of happiness together.

I definitely feel like a very lucky person. I've been incredibly successful in achieving the things that I wanted in life, according to my personal priorities and on my own terms.

(And, many years of happiness to you too-- I can tell you DO know exactly what i'm talking about!)

Welcome to the board!

Excellent! Which surf break do you frequent?

Ha! Well, you teach me how to surf, and I'll teach you how to play volleyball? I can sort-of windsurf-- in a crappy, pathetic kind of way. (If I happen to be wearing a harness you may be treated to the rare but not unheard of catapulting scenario.)

Launiopoko. Probably way too tame for you, I guess!

Ha! Well, you teach me how to surf, and I'll teach you how to play volleyball? I can sort-of windsurf-- in a crappy, pathetic kind of way. (If I happen to be wearing a harness you may be treated to the rare but not unheard of catapulting scenario.)
Launiopoko. Probably way too tame for you, I guess!
6-10 is my favorite size, and I have a healthy respect for anything up to 20. That looks like a great break to learn surfing. We were up in Napili Bay a couple months ago and we hiked Haleakala last year as well. We definitely plan to repeat the first this year, and perhaps the second.

I'm impressed with 2.5 acres anywhere in that area! I don't suppose there's a Home Depot in Lahaina yet? I wouldn't be so enthused about driving to Kahului every time a home repair came up.

Poster JB is from the Wailuku area, but he hasn't logged in here for over two years. I think you just became the E-R.org Maui Chapter president...

6-10 is my favorite size, and I have a healthy respect for anything up to 20. That looks like a great break to learn surfing. We were up in Napili Bay a couple months ago and we hiked Haleakala last year as well. We definitely plan to repeat the first this year, and perhaps the second.

I'm impressed with 2.5 acres anywhere in that area! I don't suppose there's a Home Depot in Lahaina yet? I wouldn't be so enthused about driving to Kahului every time a home repair came up.

Poster JB is from the Wailuku area, but he hasn't logged in here for over two years. I think you just became the E-R.org Maui Chapter president...

Nope, no Home Depot in Lahaina, so indeed, it's a trek if we need to go there. I remember when we first started going out there, the drive over to Kahului seemed like a haul. But for whatever reason, it doesn't seem like that long of a trip now. I guess I'm getting acclimated. Can't ask for better scenery.

But for whatever reason, it doesn't seem like that long of a trip now. I guess I'm getting acclimated. Can't ask for better scenery.
I think one aspect of being a local is complaining bitterly about having to drive 20 minutes (or 20 miles) to anywhere...

Spouse and I are infatuated with Maui or one of the other neighbor islands, especially a couple acres for a home, but we'd be even further out on the logistics chain and have to be even more self-sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom