Yield Curve Inverts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....I've tried putting this in my own words and you still don't get it so I guess it's time to give you a reading assignment

again, it's not complicated....

https://www.thebalance.com/what-are-federal-reserve-funds-how-the-funds-market-works-3305841

and although this article is dated the main points about banks profitability are discussed

https://www.fisherinvestments.com/en-us/marketminder/mending-lending

"Banks make money on the spread—the difference between short and long-term interest rates. Banks borrow short term (checking and savings accounts) and lend long-term (mortgages, business loans). The difference between those two is banks’ core business, loan revenue. "

Hahaha, Fisher investments! Good luck, you will need it.

Hahaha, Fisher investments! Good luck, you will need it.

:facepalm:Again, you didn't read, Its a fact based article nothing about investing didn't even try to sell anything. No I'm not a Fisher fan, wouldn't invest with them. In fact I'm a DIY (90%indexer) like most people here.

:facepalm:Again, you didn't read, Its a fact based article nothing about investing didn't even try to sell anything. No I'm not a Fisher fan, wouldn't invest with them. In fact I'm a DIY (90%indexer) like most people here.

Exactly. You take it from here Alaska, this guy is exhausting me :LOL:

Linking to a dubious site that happens to support the falsehoods you trumpet does not enhance your credibility.

Btw, watch what the 2 10 spread is doing this week.

Linking to a dubious site that happens to support the falsehoods you trumpet does not enhance your credibility.

Btw, watch what the 2 10 spread is doing this week.

??
how is Fisher Investments a "dubious" site?
He manages over 100 billion dollars for people...that said, like alaska mentioned, I don't have money with him , but I think his grasp of basic economics is a wee bit clearer than yours, mine or most posters on a messageboard

10-year is now 2.89%

Draw your own conclusions.

I see your snark & raise you a snark followed by a snipe

A little snark now and then is not necessarily a bad thing, but boojums are right out.

Thanks for the interesting discussion. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom