Young dreamer no more...

FIREd

Moderator Emeritus
Well, this is it! I have just punched my time card and I turned my badge and keys in. Weird feeling walking out of the door one last time. I feel happy to leave the corporate BS behind but a bit anxious too. I got a few what-if scenarios floating in my head... I hope I am not making a mistake and that I can pull this retirement thingy off. Holy cow, it's for real!!!!

FIREdreamer, congrats!

In honor of the new you, I think you should post a photo of yourself on the forum.

Shy? OK, let me do it for you:

:D

Does that mean you are now an OLD dreamer

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OK... I just could not resist as it was the first thing that popped into my brain...

Congrats on your new life... wish I were there...

FIREdreamer, congrats!

In honor of the new you, I think you should post a photo of yourself on the forum.

Shy? OK, let me do it for you:

:D

images

Smiling Bob...:LOL:

Attachments

• congratulations_cat.jpg
    congratulations_cat.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 306
Firedreamer no more - welcome to the club, and CONGRATULATIONS :dance:

Felicitations, FD!

:cool::clap::dance:

Congrats, FIREdreamer, and welcome to the club. Your countdown is over.

I recall the feeling I had going through me when I did all of my "lasts" in my last day of working. The last ride in the elevator, going through the lobby turnstiles for the last time, then turning in my ID badge, riding the trains for the last time, walking home from the train station for the last time (I was getting choked up as I left the train; I still have my last train ticket, as the conductor never took it after he punched it, luckily!).

And when I entered my apartment, I dropped my bag on the floor, raised my arms, and let out a big "I'M FREE!!!!!"

Now you are, too. :)

Congratulations! The journey begins. I think you will thoroughly enjoy retirement. :)

You made it !!! Good to hear !!!

I know the what if feeling well.
I still get strange thoughts/feelings now and then. I've been free for around 7 months too.
I couldn't get that goofy smile off my face for days :LOL:.
I had to apologize to some of my working friends for being to happy.
Felt guilty about leaving them behind and smiling to much about it.
Not everybody mind you, just the very few that I really considered a friend.
The other A$$es I couldn't have care any less about. I enjoyed leaving them in the dust. :whistle:
Steve

Congrats FD!

...but, but, ....whaddya gonna do all day?

:D:D:D

R

Back
Top Bottom