Your winter weather prognostications

Last winter, we never turned on the heat. I don't expect to turn it on this winter, either.

If I have to take my shower early in the AM, say mid Feb. I admit to occasionally warming the shower stall with the hair dryer for a couple of minutes. Otherwise, what is "heat?":cool:

James Bond's sidekick just introduced himself: "Warm, Luke Warm".

Well, Im sure Ill be mowing the lawn into December here on LI. My snowblower hasnt been used in 2 years.

We live for fall & winter in TX- lots of sunny days if you're like us and take advantage of them. It's too hot for us to enjoy hiking much in the summer (but we still do it for health). It is supposed to be mild here, and I hope it's true as we have producing citrus trees now and they are getting tall and are awkward to cover.

We got snow on the ground now. It really is a scenic view of the landscape. I'm hoping for not so much snow but I also enjoy the snow as well.

We are just coming out of winter in SA. It was extremely sunny and mild here with temps rarely below 60 degrees and very little precipitación. :cool:

We need more snow pack on the mountains this year, so I hope for plenty of the white stuff, but only if it stays there!
We have not had a hard winter with a silver thaw in decades, so praying we are not "due",
Farmers almanac says rainier and warmer.

Just saw a report on our local weather that we are expecting a wetter winter than normal due to La Niña conditions. That's good news since most of the Islands are in moderate to severe draught over several years. Our hills are brown (leeward side) and I'm more than willing to endure rain to change that - and also recharge the aquifers. Tourist won't mind - since we have so few right now. YMMV

I live in CT.
I bought a new snowblower.
Therefore we will have a mild winter.

I live in CT.
I bought a new snowblower.
Therefore we will have a mild winter.

It didn't work for me. DW gave me a snow blower one year for Christmas. Not more than a couple of flakes had fallen so far that year (2000). NewYears day, we must have had 10 inches. It was one of our worst snow years that I recall. Since I was in early 50's at the time, I really appreciated DW looking after my heart that way. The neighbors were appreciative as well - I could do the walks from corner to corner, my drive, and the disabled neighbor's drive in the time it took to do my walk by hand - with (no) help from the kids! YMMV

Already had 9 inches of snow one hour north of where we live in NH.

Average snowfall here is 45" per year. Last year was 58" and the year before was 78". I think it's time for a lighter snowfall year. I don't care if it's 0 degrees for weeks in a row as long as there isn't soooo much snow again this year.

A little late but I predict it will snow here in East/Central Texas.... OMG it is!

First time in seven years... It's been snowing for about an hour now and the ground is covered... Expecting 3 to 6 inches more over the next 4 to 6 hours... (That's almost blizzard conditions around here.) :)

Last edited:
I got snow tires last January. We had a terrible ski season last year. This year the skiing is better because it's stayed pretty cold, but less than 3" total of natural snow so far this winter. Maybe I should take them off.

I got snow tires last January. We had a terrible ski season last year. This year the skiing is better because it's stayed pretty cold, but less than 3" total of natural snow so far this winter. Maybe I should take them off.
Keep them on. In cold weather they give far better control/handling than regular tires.

I live in Illinois. During the first snow, my truck was slipping and sliding. So I bought some tires that are three-peak mountain snowflake rated, considered to be severe snow service rated.

We had an inch of snow since, but I predict we will not get any more snow this winter.

We had an inch of snow since, but I predict we will not get any more snow this winter.

Well, of course that's because you bought the snow tires. If you hadn't, you'd be up to your butt in snow by now with more on the way.:)

I also predict no snow for us.:D

I predict colder than normal weather due to climate change. Unless the weather is warmer than normal because climate change.

So far so good. Had snow Christmas eve and lasted 3 days on the ground. Green now and above freezing temps predicted until Jan 20. The further we get, the further we get! The sun has been bright and warm last few days. Wooowoooo! Of course a few years ago it went like this and then mid-January it got cold and temps didn't go above freezing for six weeks!

Back
Top Bottom