You're married now many years?

It's encouraging to read all the posts from people who are still in love after so many years, and those who found happiness a second time.

My first marriage lasted 13 years, 4 months before ending in flames. Met second DH in a theology class and we dated for 6 years and were married 13 years, 5 months before he died last year. On the surface it looked dicey: my second marriage, his third (both ended in divorce), he was 15 years older... but it was wonderful. The worst I can say about him is that he was an apathetic housekeeper.

I'm open to dating but am very unlikely to marry a third time unless, in addition to compatibility, he can fund his own long-term care and pay his own way in Business Class. That sounds mercenary but my primary financial priority at this age (64) is not to outlive my savings.

Zero, as in never married. But I have been in a LTR for the last 13 years. We don't live together but do live walking distance from each other. Works well for me.

34 years this month. We've lived together for 36 years. We are 56 and 57.

DW's parents just celebrated their 60th. They are 83 and 84.

I married for the first time at age 77. That was 0.75 years ago. Marriages like mine (two men) have been legal only recently here in Nevada. (June, 2015) People have been wonderfully generous in wishing us well. I appreciate it, not knowing ahead of time what reactions would be. I congratulate all who have achieved long-lasting marriages. (Don't hold your breath for me!:greetings10:)

Congratulations !

Together 20 years this March coming up.

Were engaged for 16 years.

Married for 2 years as of week after next.

DW jokes that she gave me a 16 year long audition.

Least, I think it's a joke.

;)

Best wishes :flowers: A friend has been a committed couple for 40 years with the man he met in college in 1977. They got married the moment it was legal...didn't want to go on living in sin :LOL:

I married for the first time at age 77. That was 0.75 years ago. Marriages like mine (two men) have been legal only recently here in Nevada. (June, 2015) People have been wonderfully generous in wishing us well. I appreciate it, not knowing ahead of time what reactions would be. I congratulate all who have achieved long-lasting marriages. (Don't hold your breath for me!:greetings10:)

37 - we were both in our late 20's. He still makes me smile. Well, he doesn't MAKE me, I just do. ;)

Married DW three days after she turned 21, 39 1/2 years ago. However on Facebook she's only 54 years old.

At noon local time today DW and will have been married 34 years, 3 months, 24 days, and 30 minutes. But I hardly notice the time that has past... :)

34 years.

57 and 55 years old.

MIL and FIL have been married 68 years. He celebrated his 95th bday in July and she just celebrated her 87th bday yesterday! :dance:

Mike

Does it have something to do with real estate[emoji3]?Calmloki has a similar arrangement.
I think it comes down to the difference between expensing and depreciating.

43 (as at yesterday)

Married 39 years this Saturday, together for 43, met in high school. Age 60 for both
Great life so far!

DW and I are celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary today. We married very young be today's average, she was barely 20 and I was 21. I was lucky, she is a keeper.

If you are willing to share your number of years of wedded bliss feel free to do so. Even if it has not been so blissful you can still throw out your number. I think there are a few of you out there that can top our number.

We were exactly the same ages and both still at university. My wife-to-be was due to be the first female EE graduate from this university and the head of the department called me into his office once he heard the news. With typical English middle class delicacy he tiptoed around want he wanted to say for a few minutes until I said, "NO, she is not pregnant, she will hopefully be graduating next year as planned. It is just an LBYM thing, it will be much cheaper as a married couple." In fact a good friend on the course also got married at the end of that year and the 4 of us rented a house for the final year.

That was 41 years ago, and we are still great friends with that couple we shared a house with, in fact they are coming down to spend a few days with us next weekend. (They live in Scotland these days)

On Tuesday, Sept 5th it will be 41 years! We were 21.

10819.9 days. It'll be 10820 if we make it another couple hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom