DRiP Guy checking in

Thanks for the update and glad life is still going well for you!

I was sad to see you close the forum. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Just found this one today. Continued good luck in your retirement and I hope you haven't left the forum for good?

Thanks for the update! For someone newly retired, so helpful to see your progression and how quickly you recovered from the recession. This will help me have faith to stick to our AA and not lose faith as time goes by. Thanks for sharing and for your honesty. Best of luck, and continue enjoying life.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Maybe the final final update? I quietly and without even realizing it, passed the magic mark of age 59 1/2 some time ago, which meant it was now okay to take more than my old SEPP plan fixed withdrawals from the 401(k).

Given that the plan has been meeting my needs, I don't see any need to do larger withdrawals on a regular basis, or even a one-time withdrawal/transfer.

Staying the course has worked mighty fine for me, and I'm hugely grateful to this forum, John Greaney, the old M* forum, Bogleheads and other FI/RE resources that were all available to me 'back in the day' so that I could arrange to have a nice early retirement without worrying about going back to work in my older years.

Glad to hear from you again, and hope you still continue to post some updates over time. Even if they're not as detailed financially, it's good to know how life is going for you and what you're doing at this stage of life.

Thanks for the update. It is really nice to hear from the folks who have been here 10+ years, helps me realize that the plans do work!

Thanks for the update. It is really nice to hear from the folks who have been here 10+ years, helps me realize that the plans do work!
-------------
Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime. (pacergirl signature line)

pacergirl,

What happens if you should tire of eating fish? And..

aren't you concerned about mercury poisoning?

-------------
Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime. (pacergirl signature line)

pacergirl,

What happens if you should tire of eating fish? And..

aren't you concerned about mercury poisoning?

:LOL::LOL:
:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom