From Atlanta, new to the forum

pletal

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello, I am new to the forum and hopefully have only 2 years left to at least part time retire. I will be 46 years old at that time and am I very conservative saver. Would like to get real advise on health care costs and what it takes to get out of the rat race. Son is an adult now with only 2 more years in school. Cannot talk to any friends about money. Most do not have a clue. We are debt free and have alot in savings! At least I think it is alot. Should be able to squeeze around 9K a month without touching any principle. Any advice would be great.

I have Ga Blue Cross/Blue Shield - check out their web site for the various plans.

Welcome :flowers:
Trying to talk to spendthrift friends about good money saving habits and zero debt? Oh boy. :rolleyes:
You'll find plenty of kindred spirits here. :D

Greetings,

Besides checking with any of the numerous insurance brokers available on-line, you may also want to check with you current employer sponsored insurance provider.

Jim

Welcome! To fill the gap to Medicare, I will be looking into COBRA, and a possible extension of that, before resorting to any individual plan (very expensive at my age range).

We're in atlanta, too, and we have a high deductible through Humana, 8 K, for $260/mo. for 2 adults and 2 kids. We are 42, 41, 8,5. Our first step was ehealthcare.com.

Back
Top Bottom