Hello from Georgia

Jaws

Confused about dryer sheets
Hey everyone,

I am 37 years old, married, one son with another on the way!

My wife and I have about 140K saved for retirement. In our Roths, which are about 1/3 of the total we have all vanguard. I have a mixture of different funds, the wellington rockstar, a REIT, emerging market, wellesey (sp?), and a mid cap...I have about 60% of it in Wellington and the other 40% is split pretty evenly in the others. My wife has one of Vanguard's target funds, 2035

We also are both eligible for a pension upon retirement and we have about 50K in those accounts. Just a straight account, no investment type thing. The pension benefit will be worth way more than our contributions.

The rest of our money is in an online savings account. Not really looking for any specific advise, just like to see what other people do with their money. Looking forward to it....

My wife and I have about 140K saved for retirement. In our Roths, which are about 1/3 of the total we have all vanguard. I have a mixture of different funds, the wellington rockstar, a REIT, emerging market, wellesey (sp?), and a mid cap...I have about 60% of it in Wellington and the other 40% is split pretty evenly in the others. My wife has one of Vanguard's target funds, 2035

Congrats Jaws.

You are on the way to success it seems.

Welcome here.

But...do you have a Financial Plan?

Congrats Jaws.

You are on the way to success it seems.

Welcome here.

But...do you have a Financial Plan?
You would have to define plan....

I don't have a plan to retire early, because my career does not realy allow for it. I will be eligible for my pension after 30 years of service, which I have 9 now, so I have about 20 years left.

As far as a financial plan, my wife and I dollar-cost-average our Roths every month and put 1K into savings. Our pensions will pay us 60% at retirement for each of us. In todays dollars, that would amount to almost 80K a year. My plan is to ride the Roth IRAs without touching them as long as possible.

Not counting on anything from Social Security...I don't really consider us to have a financial plan, more so a financial mindset, just in the way we live. I have not gotten into estate planning or anything like that yet, but will soon...

Welcome Jaws. It sounds as if you are on the right track. Have you tried running Firecalc (link at bottom of page) to determine if your current plan will support your expected spending needs?

Back
Top Bottom