Hi from Dallas...wanna fish? :)

Barbalooh

Confused about dryer sheets
:D Hi Everyone, I'm Barb and I live in Dallas TX. Life has brought me to semi-retirement and after so many years of working it's taken time to get use to all this freedom from schedules! But, I want to go fishing!! I love just enjoying life and meeting new people. I've traveled a lot in my life, had so many different adventures that I can say chillin and relaxing is just fine with me! I wouldn't mind having a part-time job from home but those seem few and far between.

I noticed someone here is in Estonia. I've been researching Estonia because I have ancestor's that came from there. I'm real excited to meet you all and thank you for the welcome.

Barb ~

Hi Barb from Dallas

Yes, there are people here who fish. And you probably noticed the travel forum too.

Welcome and we look forward to your contributions.

Welcome aboard, Barb! It sounds like you will be enjoying your retirement.

Coach

Howdy from another Texan!

Welcome to the forum, Barb. Make yourself at home.

TG

Thanks for the welcome!

Thank you for your kind welcomes...nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the boards. :)

I live in Estonia. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Trek

Hi Barb! I live in Bossier City, LA. Which lakes do you like to fish? Ever fish Fork?

Hi Marty

Hi Marty!

I live in North Dallas so I've fished Lake Lavon and Tawakani..there use to be a fishing barg at Lake Dallas that we'd sit out and fish all night at too, and the spillway and Trinity River forks, Little Elm, also. I use to have friends that owned a country place where they had a huge stocked pond that was fun too...crappie and bass for dinner! Use to get some good catfish at a gravel pit with a river running through it nearby also. I'm no expert but give me a string, a pole and a cork and I'm good to go. :) I've used minnows, stink bait, corn, all kinds of weird stuff to fish. My dad was a bit more serious at fishing so I had a rod and reel and we did trout fishing in Colorado when I was a kid. I'm lucky because I like the fishing itself, kind of like treasure hunting waiting for that bobbin to go under, but I'm also motivated by eating fish...yum. Oh and I went fishing in Branson a few years back when they were having a bass tourney.

Now that I'm kind of forced into retirement because the company I was with moved out of state and at my age it's been hard to find something full-time, I'm looking forward to getting back to fishing. Had a boyfriend for several years that wasn't into fishing so got rid of him and back to fishing <g>. I haven't done it in a while but have considered trying to get a 5th wheel and finding a place to park it where I can fish when I want to. Are you from Louisiana? I'm sure it must be good fishing over that way! I've been to the races there but never fished in that area. What do you like to fish for? Thanks for writing me, can't wait to hear your fish stories lol.

Barb ~

Back
Top Bottom