Hi from new member

Welcome! There is a lot of good advice on this forum. It has been immensely helpful in determining whether I was ready to retire early, both from a financial and emotional standpoint.

Welcome!

Whether retirement is "wise" is hard to know. It's certainly a balance - if you keep working, you have more money and so more options on how to live your life and more security that you will always have enough money. But the work takes away your finite time to get the most enjoyment from it all.

The experience and knowledge of the group can help you understand when your money will likely be enough to meet your goals. There are also great discussions about lots of issues retirees face - money management, taxes, hobbies, travel, health challenges and more.

So welcome aboard!

Welcome, fellow Cosmic! :D As we like to say here, my crystal ball is on the fritz, so it's hard to say. Retirement projections like FireCalc will help you see what your budget will probably be like in retirement, and whether you'll probably have enough to meet that, but only time will tell, and many of us have to adjust slightly over the years.

Welcome!

Remember, RE is optional in the FIRE equation. Get to FI and then you are in the driver's seat with regard to continuing to work.

Welcome!

Remember, RE is optional in the FIRE equation. Get to FI and then you are in the driver's seat with regard to continuing to work.

^ this exactly!!

So, married for 5 years does that mean you are a young person or a 50-year-old?

A lot more info needed from you, to make a good discussion on your question asked.

Welcome! Will ER be wise? If you read through many posts here, you'll find some repeating refrains: If you have a properly diverse AA, enough assets, a reasonable WR, something to retire to (hobby, travel, gardening, sports, etc.), and don't really enjoy your J$b, then ER will probably be 'wise'. Many miss their professional identity, power, respect, coworkers, etc., that came with their work. Most here, don't.

Time > money, if you have $. If you don't have $, then time without $ may not be that much fun (my attempt at humor today).

Greetings! DW didn't want me to retire too many years before she did (she's 7 years younger). So I kept on running our consulting company, only to be taken out by a major health problem, & retired at 62. No regrets about putting in those extra years, but I'm sure happier now that I'm retired! Of course, YMMV, as I've been married for 55 years.

^ this exactly!!

So, married for 5 years does that mean you are a young person or a 50-year-old?

A lot more info needed from you, to make a good discussion on your question asked.

To answer your question, I'm 50 now and planning to retire in 2025. My wife and I have started reading some of the resources on this forum to help us make the best decision for our situation.

Back
Top Bottom