Hi...new member

BennyR

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello all...retired about 8 months ago, just turned 50. We still have an 8 year old at home, so extensive travel will have to wait a bit. Found this web site and I'm going to explore it a bit to see what other early retirees are doing with their time.

Hello all...retired about 8 months ago, just turned 50. We still have an 8 year old at home, so extensive travel will have to wait a bit. Found this web site and I'm going to explore it a bit to see what other early retirees are doing with their time.
Welcome Benny and congratulations on escaping the evil clutches of your former employer. Feel free to explore and look for inspiration, but know that the answer to your question is this: You can do whatever you want to do - you're a free man.

Welcome! Former fed now frequently found at the local animal shelter volunteering. You'll find lots of different ways early retirees spend their time here.

I already feel very free! After many, many years of wearing a suit and tie, I've left the corporate world behind and can now relax in shorts and sandals. It's been an easier adjustment than I thought it would be. I can honestly say I don't miss working one bit. I live in a suburb on the edge of the Everglades in Florida and have rediscovered my love of bass fishing and photography. It's true what they say...a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!

Welcome Benny. MegaMotors refugee here, three years out. I'm sure keeping busy could be a problem, but I haven't had time to worry about it yet.

Watch out for those big snakes that we keep hearing about in the Everglades.

Actually where I sometimes go there have been large pythons seen...haven't seen one myself yet though.

Actually where I sometimes go there have been large pythons seen...haven't seen one myself yet though.

Let us know where you sometimes go so we can avoid the pythons lurking there;)

Welcome ! I retired three years ago at 59 and I keep busy with selling on ebay ,going to the gym ,travelling and finding remodeling projects for my SO .

Back
Top Bottom