I Finally Retired !

Congratulations!! I wish a long and successful career in ER.

Congrats! Very inspiring. I can see the light at the end of the FI tunnel. Hoping to not get into OMY spin cycles ;)

Enjoy retirement!!!

Congratulations! I retired at 57 now about 6 years ago. I still pinch myself everyday, it is truly liberating and I love every minute of it. Retirement is the best job I ever had!

I am sure you are going to love it!

"Finally retired" -- great!!

I'm retiring in a few months myself ... looking forward to it!!
--SirTas

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club and have fun!

Congrats! I’m starting my second month of “detox”, having retired on 12/31/2022, and it is fabulous! In fact, I wish I did this sooner. I’m finally past the point of thinking about staff meetings, projects, briefings, and other work related issues, and am enjoying life. That took about 3 weeks, but is to be expected after a 30 plus year career. Enjoy your detox!

Congrats! I'll be 59 on 2/19 and my last day is 2/10.

Good job. Now you can escape those WI winters. Tomorrow morning I drop off my computers and security cards at the office. Tomorrow is a floating holiday for timecard purposes. Head out to St Croix tomorrow night. M,T and Wednesday will be vacation days on the timecard (which I'll sign tomorrow before we head out). Took a long walk yesterday and today. Officiating some volleyball matches tonight. I have a feeling this retirement thing will be alright.:LOL:

Congratulations! SS puts your full retirement age at 67; so I say you're early!

Now you have time to post on the forum once in a while.:LOL:

Well done!! Congratulations!

Take your time to let it sink in and just enjoy waking up each day to a day of possibilities. And that does NOT mean that you have to do something spectacular. Because, really, just waking up is spectacular.

Thank You for all the responses.

5 weeks in to ER now and no regrets, should have done it earlier.
I do not miss the work and BS at all, I do miss some of the people. Oddly I do miss the routine (it was all in-office) but then I realized that once I was at work I just wanted to leave. A friend asked if I was going stir-crazy yet, answer was NO, I was going stir-crazy when I was at the office.

Currently managing the usual stuff like 401k and HSA rollovers but more importantly enjoying not having to work anymore.

Congratulations and enjoy the new found freedom.

I am 3 plus months now in retirement from Corporate life and still in the detox phase and very happy with my decision.

Currently managing the usual stuff like 401k and HSA rollovers but more importantly enjoying not having to work anymore.[/QUOTE]

I soon am planning to rollover my 401k and HSA accounts.
Did your rollovers goes smoothly?

Rollovers went smoothly.

The 401K was at Fidelity so getting it rolled to an IRA was simple. Some of the funds in the 401k needed to be sold and the normal Fidelity process noted that could take a few days. Instead I sold them myself while still in the 401k and put the $$ in a Fidelity MM fund. Once that settled I started the rollover and it happened overnight.

The HSA was at an un-named provider I never cared for. Their site claimed that they did everything by paper including a wet signature required. I started the rollover from Fidelity and was able to do it all electronically including the signature via the Fidelity process. It took a few weeks for the check to arrive at Fidelity and get deposited.
In hindsight I should have been doing periodic rollovers from that provider to Fidelity over the years.

I very much enjoy the full spectrum of investment choices I now have in the IRA and HSA.

Rollovers went smoothly.

The 401K was at Fidelity so getting it rolled to an IRA was simple. Some of the funds in the 401k needed to be sold and the normal Fidelity process noted that could take a few days. Instead I sold them myself while still in the 401k and put the $$ in a Fidelity MM fund. Once that settled I started the rollover and it happened overnight.

The HSA was at an un-named provider I never cared for. Their site claimed that they did everything by paper including a wet signature required. I started the rollover from Fidelity and was able to do it all electronically including the signature via the Fidelity process. It took a few weeks for the check to arrive at Fidelity and get deposited.
In hindsight I should have been doing periodic rollovers from that provider to Fidelity over the years.

I very much enjoy the full spectrum of investment choices I now have in the IRA and HSA.

Well done Tom! Thank you for the update on your smooth rollover.
I presently am in 401K Merrill institutional funds which I believe need to be sold before transferring to either Fidelity and/or Vanguard.

Back
Top Bottom