I stopped trying to Optimize and set my date

he asked if I would

work Full Time Next week
Switch to Part Time the week after at 20 hours
then for 3 weeks consult 10 hours a week with 10 hours of vacation to get me to the part time level

Did you ask him if he would

-shovel your snow
-fetch your coffee
-do your grocery shopping?

:)

Did you ask him if he would

-shovel your snow
-fetch your coffee
-do your grocery shopping?

:)

No but he asked me about a Retirement party. His boss has the company Box at a Nuggets (NBA) game on March 20th and wanted to make that a retirement event for me.

Since my wife and I are (hopefully) flying to Lisbon the next day to get on a Cruise I declined. I could see getting to Lisbon and then testing positive and having to quarantine for my vacation.

I told him a happy hour after we get back from Europe would be good

They really have been good to me and very appreciative of all my work.

so I am in to my second week of being retired after going part time for a month.

It is awesome and I don't feel bored

I listened to advice here and try and do one productive thing a day

No deadlines or 5AM wakeups have helped me sleep better. I go to sleep a bit later and sleep until about 7

Take the dogs for a 4 mile RT walk to and through the Dog park every day (weather permitting). The day it snowed I used my Gym for the first time in a while

My wife and I went so see Batman on a Wednesday matinee show. Not crowded at all.

Shopping at Costco ion Tuesday is very comfortable and easy with no crowds or lines :)

A couple of times I had to look up what day it was

I have become much more relaxed and patient. When my wife has something to say I give her my full attention and we have started spending more time going places together. She was a bit disappointed I didnt want to go clothes shopping with her today, but I don't have the patience for two hours in one store yet :)

It has only been two weeks and I see it getting better. I loved my job and what I accomplished, but this is awesome and wish I had done it sooner.

Next week going on a Cruise in Europe (Lisbon to Barcelona)

Back for a few weeks then going to Moab Utah for a week of off roading with friends

My daughter and grandkids from Florida will come spend a week with us over the summer

Everything is lining up nicely

Back
Top Bottom