New here!

VenomRx

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello all,

My name is George and I am 22 years old. I am a student majoring in Entrepreneurial Management and Finance... While searching for some money management book online I found this forum, it looked very interesting, with lots of useful information. One of my goals is to retire as early as possible and enjoy life, however, I need to know what to do, how to do it, and things to avoid. I also have a series 6/63 and life licenses but not active, it was more of an educational experience.

Welcome George.

My advice for an early retirement would be save early and regularly and invest in no-load, low cost mutual funds and stay the course with your asset allocation. (And - sorry - don't "invest" in life insurance or annuities).

But at 22, retirement should be the last thing on your mind IMO.

Congrats on the licenses. You probably got a good education about personal finance basics as well as the motivations of financial planners. Go hang out with Bogleheads.org to extend this education.

At 22, I hope your focus is on living life, not planning for future retirement. However, being aware you do at some point want to FIRE can be great motivation to live below your means and start saving something for long term. Welcome.

Welcome to the forum, VenomRx.

It's always nice to see a young person interested in future planning.

omni

Back
Top Bottom