Today was the day!

Buckynsparty

Confused about dryer sheets
Relatively new to this forum, but have been lurking for a few months.
Well, today was my last day of my work life, first day of FIRE! Feels pretty strange, I've never been unemployed in my adult life, but it is also quite liberating not to be subject to megacorp's thumb!

We are very blessed to be totally financially secure, but as an A type personality am a bit concerned about how best to spend my newly acquired free time! No one believes that I will retire at age 57. Current plan is to enjoy the limited MI summer, decompress, spend time with the kids/grandkids, and then reevaluate options in the fall.

A new life adventure awaits!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats!

Kick back this Memorial Day, grill some nice steaks, pour a good red wine. It will be all honky dory.

Congrats and sounds like you have a good financial understanding to keep you happy through retirement. Just remember you have a job to retire from, but you need something to retire to. Spend summer enjoying the time and also giving you time to figure out how to use the time to meet your needs.

Congrats and sounds like you have a good financial understanding to keep you happy through retirement. Just remember you have a job to retire from, but you need something to retire to. Spend summer enjoying the time and also giving you time to figure out how to use the time to meet your needs.

Thanks, & spot on. Hoping to enjoy the summer & then figure out the go forward this fall. In the mean time, I'm sleeping in!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Congrats!!

I am right behind you. I have plenty to retire to, just wondering how I ever did so much during the limited time I had before.

Congrats-I had same concern one year ago when I FIRED also at 57- what to do with all that free time. After about three months of decompressing and getting w*ork out of my mind, time took care of itself. Never bored, loving the freedom, glad I did it when I did.

Back
Top Bottom