I finally FIRED today - Got my last paycheck

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
After all the planning and lurking here, I finally FIRED at 59. :dance:
Got my last monthly paycheck today (June 30), which had a big bonus as I did extra work this month.
I had to look at my checking account at 1:30 am dawn to see my last pay get deposited. Then, I was able to relax and say 'that's it'.
HR emailed me a form this morning that I needed to fill up to make sure my 401K Employer's contribution was all "vested".
It feels good to retire with seven figures, and with the stock market soaring these past few weeks. It's a low seven figures unlike some 'wealth people' here :greetings10:, but my budgeted expenses are less than $58K a year (including travel).
Wife and I - we have no kids, no grandkids, so planning to spend it all. Will get SS in 2.5 years. SS AnyPIA software says DW and I will be getting around $4,000/month in SS income. We live in a low cost area, so we're all set.
Thanks to all the ideas and topics in this forum.

Congratulations. Hope your next chapter is wonderful.

Be happy. Don't get caught up comparing yourself to the 'wealth people'. You're doing great and get to enjoy freedom on your own terms.

Congratulations, and welcome to the happy every day club.

Got my last monthly paycheck today (June 30), which had a big bonus as I did extra work this month.
I had to look at my checking account at 1:30 am dawn to see my last pay get deposited. Then, I was able to relax and say 'that's it'.
HR emailed me a form this morning that I needed to fill up to make sure my 401K Employer's contribution was all "vested".
It feels good to retire with seven figures, and with the stock market soaring these past few weeks. It's a low seven figures unlike some 'wealth people' here :greetings10:, but my budgeted expenses are less than $58K a year (including travel).
Wife and I - we have no kids, no grandkids, so planning to spend it all. Will get SS in 2.5 years. SS AnyPIA software says DW and I will be getting around $4,000/month in SS income. We live in a low cost area, so we're all set.

Congrats! 59 is my goal, too. Any concerns or worries as you head off into the sunset? Any regrets? What are you looking most forward to?

Congratulations. I left at 59 also almost exactly 8 yrs ago. Some will say 59 is not really early. PFFFT on them I say. Savor every moment. You are wealthy because you own your own time…all of it!!!

You did it the right way! Congratulations!!

Be happy. Don't get caught up comparing yourself to the 'wealth people'. You're doing great and get to enjoy freedom on your own terms.

Thanks! I know. I ran Firecalc all the time, and it says 100% all the time. But you always have that insecurity somehow :)

Congratulations, and welcome to the happy every day club.

Thanks Gumby, looking forward to that.
But very strange, today, I still think "Did I leave something at work that somebody might complain about my work later." I guess I just need to forget it.

Congrats! 59 is my goal, too. Any concerns or worries as you head off into the sunset? Any regrets? What are you looking most forward to?

Really No Regrets at all.
I teach at a university, and the last meeting was about 'how to handle a gun-man when he gets into your classroom and starts shooting'. Because a month ago, we just had a guy arrested inside campus who brought thousands of ammunition with lots of guns. And he's out on Bail.

DW an I already booked 2 Weeks to southern Italy - we're going to Napoli, Amalfi, Positano, Capri, Matera, then a side trip to Dubrovnik (Game of Thrones city) and probably Pompei.

Great! Hope you and your wife will enjoy time at retirement.
As regarding low seven figures it is definitely not a reason to worry. In fact, I plan to follow your steps pretty soon with similar assets but single at very high cost of living area.

Congratulations and welcome to the club! Time to make some memories!!

Congrats. Time to enjoy the best chapter coming up.

Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom