2016 NCAA Basketball Tourney

WOO-HOO Syracuse Orange Men and Women going to the Final 4s!

Number 10 seeded men are this years Cinderella.

It's a good year for me: my hometown team (Syracuse) and my local team for the last 30 years (Villanova) both in the Final Four!

Great finish.... did not watch the whole game, but enough to enjoy... did watch the last 8 or so minutes...

Now THAT was a Championship game! I watched the whole thing, it was great throughout, and a great finish - shades of NC State in 1983.

What a game, NC had a good first half, then a big mo shift second half to V. Then just when it looked like NC might snatch victory from the jaws of defeat with one of the wildest clutch downtown shots ever to tie leaving only 5 seconds on the clock, V made their own clutch downtown with less than 1 second left. WOW-WOW-WOW!!!

Last edited:
What a great tournament!
Going to watch the women's final tonight. Hey, Huskies lost 70 some odd games ago - it could happen again tonight.....

Another no-lose situation for me tonight. If the SU women pull off an enormous upset, I can bask in the hometown glory.

If UConn wins, Breanna Stewart will have four National Championships. She graduated from the same high school as me. I like to joke that it was me and my teammates that laid the groundwork for her stellar career in that old gym. (Believe me -- it's a big joke. We thought we were big shots, but our skill level was not even in the same zip code).

Stewart is probably the best all around player ever. Wish she stayed in town and went to Syracuse! Hard to turn down Geno and the most dominant team ever though.

Yep, awesome game! Watched the whole thing. Even though the game was tied, I think if Villanova doesn't hit that last shot, NC wins in overtime, so huge shot, no doubt.

Yep, awesome game! Watched the whole thing. Even though the game was tied, I think if Villanova doesn't hit that last shot, NC wins in overtime, so huge shot, no doubt.

Well the guy that hit the game winner is an alum of my HS but we didn't even have a gym when I was there. It was closed for years due to water damage. Great game!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Best final in long time. I have always watched the college tournaments stating back on the early 50s when NIT was still big. When games are played in my city, I try to go.

Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom