2019 US Open

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Congrats to Mr. Woodland for a well played tournament. I thought the USGA did an excellent job on the set up at Pebble this year and haven't heard any player complaints (crying) so far. One Major left this year, who is your pick and why ?
If it were a traditional US course I would have to go with Koepka but seeing it is the British Open, going with McElroy. What say you ?

Last edited:
I respected Woodland for his game and his support of our veterans/military. Then I saw this video and became a bigger fan. https://youtu.be/rYSjFvCNP7Q

I would have been happy to see Koepka win, but I was just as happy for Gary Woodland. Class act!

I’m not smart enough to pick winners, it’s usually a surprise each week.

I'll take a chance on Koepka... he has played in 5 Open Chanpionships, made the cut in 4 and has top-10 finishes in 2 of the 5 that he has played. Plus, 2019 is on a course that few players will be familiar with as it last hosted the Open Championhip before I was born.

I just think that he is the most consistent player in majors that we have right now.

Gary seems like a down to earth nice dude. Whether he was fed from a silver spoon or not..he doesnt come off that way.

Just remember, Gary is doing all these great things for people at the age of 35. When Tiger was 35, he couldnt even be bothered to sign autographs or high five fans. He had the TWF, at the recommendation of his team of PR. Gary is a class act, Tiger, not so much. I hope only the best for woodland. Hoping he goes on a tear and wins a lot. I like koepka too but he needed a break from winning everything.

I think you have to give Rory McIlroy the edge going into the British Open. He's playing good and he is very familiar with the course (Royal Portrush), he broke the course record (61) back when he was just 16 years old. He will have a lot of additional pressure on him in that they will be playing the Open in his home country for the first time in almost 70 years.

Bookmarking.. my DB and I have a contest every year on the four majors, we actually have one winner each this year and no winner for the US open. Only pride on the line and a little good natured ribbing. Last year both of us wiffed all four.

We usually pick 3 each just to make it interesting. I'm not agreeing with the Rory Mac picks, he doesn't seem to have the nerve for the big ones anymore.

We usually pick the week of...

At the Bay Hills Palmer invitational a couple years ago, I stood next to Koepka and Woodland when they moved from one hole to the next. They are two very large guys and both walk with a confident swagger.

Back
Top Bottom