$50 to keep Harry Potter secrets

pfpelican

Recycles dryer sheets
Last weekend I received a notice from DeepDiscount.com that my copy of the latest Harry Potter book had shipped. That surprised me, as I knew the official deadline for release of the book was this coming Saturday. Meanwhile, I read that Scholastic, the book's US distributor, was suing DeepDiscount for violating the release agreement. Yesterday, I got a call from Scholastic. In return for my promise that I wouldn't reveal anything from the book prematurely, they agreed to send me a $50 gift certificate to their online store and a Harry Potter T-shirt. I received my copy of the book last night. So, in return for my silence, my granddaughter, an avid Potter fan, gets a T-shirt and my grandkids get a bunch of stuff from the Scholastic website.

Sweet.

So what happens in the book?

The news broke last night: Potter is decapitated by Ron Beasly, who is actually a Lord Voldemort robot. Good thing - I've avoided all the Potter books and now don't feel pressed to go to the trouble of reading them.

Spoiler alert!

Also, he impregnates Hermione after being decapitated, but before dying.

Theres probably a joke in here somewhere about giving her a little head first, but I dont think i'm in the mood for it right now.

"I've avoided all the Potter books and now don't feel pressed to go to the trouble of reading them."

Boy, have YOU cut off your nose to spite your face, IMHO.....

Will I be at Barnes and Noble at midnight? Nope.....but I bet I'm there before noon tomorrow........

LooseChickens

"I've avoided all the Potter books and now don't feel pressed to go to the trouble of reading them."

Boy, have YOU cut off your nose to spite your face, IMHO.....

Will I be at Barnes and Noble at midnight? Nope.....but I bet I'm there before noon tomorrow........

LooseChickens

I lied kinda. Sister talked them up and loaned me a copy several years ago - did about 20 pages and found it less than compelling. Harry's no Frodo, Rowling's no Tolkien. IMHO. But tastes differ - I'm actually not reading much on paper these days. Which is WAY different than used-to-was.

Back
Top Bottom