A classy way to go

Meadbh

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I liked this story about the crossword puzzle writer who announced his terminal illness in his crossword.

Crossword setter (91) uses puzzle to reveal he has terminal cancer

Personally, I do want to go out in style and have included some specifics about my funeral in my will. A helicopter is involved, and to hell with the expense! :cool:

You are invited to share stories of memorable funerals or interesting ideas for marking the transition to the afterlife.....if there is one!

Last edited:
The funeral of Maury Maverick, Jr. I'm not sure about classy, but with a jazz band, a hoochie-coochie dancer and a stripper, definitely memorable:

He was buried beside his father and mother at San Jose burial park. The crowd at the green tent sang “Amazing Grace.” A jazz band played, circling them. With his widow Julia and other family arrayed and dancing quietly at the side of the casket, a pretty woman named Carolyn fulfilled his request for the occasion by doing a seemly, but sexy, hoochee-koochee. A male neighbor had heard Maury say he also wanted a stripper at his funeral and, unbeknownst to Julia, had hired one to perform. Dressed flimsily in a black lace outfit, with an improvised black lace face veil mounted in her hair, a softly fleshy young woman only Renoir would regard as voluptuous shimmied and slowly stripped at the casketside and displayed with g-string, her very white derriere. Julia, in fairly good humor, quietly asked anyone with a coat on to throw it over her, but no one did.

I heard on the radio the other day that there is some sort of new reality TV show that shows the most unusual/spectacular funerals. After Honey Boo Boo, this should come as no surprise that someone would come up with this idea.

Personally, I do want to go out in style and have included some specifics about my funeral in my will. A helicopter is involved, and to hell with the expense! :cool:

Make sure that someone knows about this beforehand. Wills are not always discovered/read before the funeral takes place.

Back
Top Bottom