A few trains from port jervis ny

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A few trains from port jervis ny PHOTOS

found some nice colorful trains passing thru the town of port jervis ny...
only a polarizing filter was used, nikon d300 with nikon 17-55mm f2.8
751034796_w5aER-L.jpg

751031553_Zu5Nw-L.jpg

751032084_kjYHc-L.jpg

751032658_dM9G4-L.jpg

751030859_Ew6va-L.jpg

751034357_ngYnq-L.jpg

751033840_QB6vv-L.jpg

751033216_LjxAL-L.jpg

these were done by my wife marilyn ,,

751029686_gcZq6-L.jpg

751030297_C9dZr-L.jpg

751029108_hoUqY-L.jpg

So cool...and thanks for posting! We never see trains where I am now, so I really enjoyed these.

I love trains!!! Thanks for the GREAT pix!!! It's always nice to be able to see and enjoy the colorful, older train equipment like that! Most of the modern era stuff is...in my opinion...drab and boring looking. I like the vintage stuff from days gone by! I still get to see a little of it close by here, since we have a shortline freight railroad two blocks away from my home.

I was in hog heaven growing up....had the old Rock Island double-track mainline running west out of Chicago, 3 blocks to my south, and the Chicago, Burlington, & Quincy 2 blocks to my east. I spent a lot of time sitting at the depots watchin' trains!

I could do the same thing today...but it just ain't the same watching the Chessie's drab gray hulks pulling mile long strings of generic colored freight cars on the (now single track) old Rock Island. And the Illinois Railway running on the old CB&Q isn't a lot better, although they do have an eclectic array of colorful locomotives that they've purchased from various railroads and re-lettered, but have left the original paint schemes on them.

my wifes into photography too, she tells me all the time i make her eyes hurt ha ha ha....

i do have my characteristic bright vivid colors .... sometimes ill use a polarizer on things to perk them up, other times ill dodge and burn specific areas highlighting certain areas and pop them out.

ill also do some hdr or just light inversions as well at times....

i got a whole bag of tricks up my sleeve , i just dont like taking dull boring photos.....

you can tell my wifes color profile compared to mine even on the ones above..

Back
Top Bottom