AARP

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it's a political action committee using its membership numbers to cite as a base of support for the positions it advocates. Net, not for me.

Yes, I got it for a few years until I realized that it was a lobbying group with cheap subscriptions to increase their numbers. They don't ask our opinions and don't represent my positions often times. If you have children/grandchildren you'd want to think a bit about the lobbying they do and who it hurts.

By the way, you can be sure this is their primary goal...lobbying...when you try to get out of the group. I had to try for months and send several letters before I got dropped from their numbers.

Never

I would never join AARP as they may offer this and that discounts, but so does AMAC. AARP seems in my view to aligned with only helping there self and not the people they Should be. Now they are behind Medicare for all. What do you think that will do to our Medicare program for us retirees.

As a reminder to everyone in the community, please refrain from partisan political commentary on ER.org.

Due to several attempts to steer this thread into the fray, it's time for this guy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom