Advertisements Everywhere

There was an old Ray Bradbury (?) science fiction story in which ads were everywhere. Appearing periodically in airplane windows, for example.
Hear that noise? It's the sound of an economy revving its engine...

Remember the personalized ads in Blade Runner? Google isn't far from that now.

I saw an ad (!) for an Android app the other day that allows you to view a street using the camera, and it superimposes advertisements and info over the stores.

Like in "Minority Report" the ads would scan the eyes, identify the person, greet them by name and show custom ads.

I can see the road signs at the state line already:

"Welcome to California Presented by Pepsi"

California - The Pizza Kitchen State

Texas - The Lone Star Beer State

Kentucky - The Fried Chicken State

Florida - The Orange Juice State

Actually, I like the digital license plate idea. I could hack it to read "Get off my #$!", or "Hang up and drive"...

I can see the road signs at the state line already:

"Welcome to California Presented by Pepsi"
Well, I guess it is better than
welcome to california.gif
:LOL:

You beat me to it on posting about this. My first thought on seeing that article was "Is there no escape from the advertising?"

The low was achieved when I read about a company placing ads on the inside of bathroom stalls about three feet high.

You beat me to it on posting about this. My first thought on seeing that article was "Is there no escape from the advertising?"

The low was achieved when I read about a company placing ads on the inside of bathroom stalls about three feet high.

Charmin, Prep-H, Ex-Lax, Kaopectate, Glade...

The Tivo ads are moderately annoying.

tivo-ads.jpg

I can block ads on my laptop with adblock and flashblock, but not on the iPod touch.

Back
Top Bottom