Showing appreciation to a construction worker

My stepson is a tile setter but getting close to retirement age. It's hard work. Years ago I tiled my home and did some work for a few friends. It isn't something that I would do again at my age. I bet the young man is working to learn the trade to eventually start a business of his own or at least pick up some extra work on the side. He sounds like just the kind of person everyone is looking for. Nice ending for both of you. I bet he was happy with your tip.

Cheers!

I'm guessing for those of us who tip w*rkpersons, the word gets around. The handyman/woman community isn't huge. It might go a long way toward steering the best w*rkers our way for future j*bs. YMMV

I'm guessing for those of us who tip w*rkpersons, the word gets around. The handyman/woman community isn't huge. It might go a long way toward steering the best w*rkers our way for future j*bs. YMMV

Good thought. Especially in a small town area. It seems all the construction people here know each other. :cool:

I agree, not weird at all and use cash. When we had most (well, maybe half) of the house interior and the deck and screened-in porch painted several years ago the two guys did an excellent job. They were here for 5.5 days and given what we paid the company they weren't getting much, so I gave each of them a $100 bill at the end. From the reaction I got (astonishment) that doesn't happen very often. There's no question it was appreciated.

You rewarded honest hard work and I'm sure it won't be forgotten. Maybe you'll call upon them again for future work and they'll be happy to oblige, or maybe you'll ask them if they know of any reliable tradespeople for other types of work and they'll know someone of comparable work ethic. Way to start the holiday season!

Well done! He was a bright spot in your day for 3 months now and I am sure you made his day.

You rewarded honest hard work and I'm sure it won't be forgotten. Maybe you'll call upon them again for future work and they'll be happy to oblige, or maybe you'll ask them if they know of any reliable tradespeople for other types of work and they'll know someone of comparable work ethic. Way to start the holiday season!

I absolutely would call upon this company and the installer again but they effectively did my entire house so I don't expect to need more tiling done in my my lifetime. There is another shower I will likely redo but frankly, I will probably do it myself just because it is not that much work.

Back
Top Bottom