Alvin Lee - RIP

I like that. Can I steal I mean borrow that one? Reality for me is that my pile of dirt tends to be a lot higher before I stop digging. :facepalm:

T-bird
(15 w*rking days to go)
You'll have to ask Denis, good luck, he was born in 1917...

A quick review of community rules (here) should resolve any questions about discussion topics and posting guidelines. Any doubts can be dealt with by PM to any of the Administrators or Moderators. As an avid Alvin Lee fan I would love to see this thread get back on topic.

I never saw them (Ten Years After) but I did listen to them all the time. Gods he was good. Any lists of great guitar players has to include him in it. Of course there are so many fabulous ones.

So here is one so that some can read about him and his passing.

Alvin Lee of Ten Years After dies

My first concert was Ten Years After in 1972 in Boston. Also saw him in the 80's playing with a backup band. And, coincidentally, I've been listening to tracks from "A Space In Time" recently..a great album.

He will be missed.

Heard the news last night on the radio and it felt like someone suckerpunched me in the gut.
I saw Ten Years After live with Edgar Winter for a backup. They were more polished and faster than at Woodstock. Probably the best concert I ever saw.
I have a few of the old albums: Cricklewood Green, Space In Time and another one. Perhaps it is time to break out the old record player.

Back
Top Bottom