Amazon Deal of the Day: H&R Block Deluxe + State

That is where I went... I was purchasing the download version... the CD version goes through the normal process but I have to pay shipping...

I just ordered the download version without any drama. Same as any other product I've purchased from Amazon. I don't know why you are having trouble other than maybe you are not logged in? Try logging out and back in again.

Here is the link I ordered from;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XZZQ4D/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been using HRB for years. Almost bought direct for $29.95. Someone else on a board said to wait until after Thanksgving. Glad I did. Thanks for posting.

Ugh, I just checked TaxACT and they want $62 this year. $25 for fed and $37 for state. However, I really don't want to have to re-enter all the last year's stuff manually.

I logged into my TactAct account and was able to pre-order the fed for $17 and the state for $35

I just ordered the download version without any drama. Same as any other product I've purchased from Amazon. I don't know why you are having trouble other than maybe you are not logged in? Try logging out and back in again.

Here is the link I ordered from;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XZZQ4D/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am getting the below screen after I hit the purchase button... not going to the cart or anything else as I see.... not going through normal procedures IMO... I am logged in... edit... screen did not show up here like I see it, but you can kinda see what it is looking for...

amazon_logo_no-org_mid._CB153387053_.png

Please re-enter your payment information. We want to make sure this is an authorized use of your account. This is for verification purposes only. Any gift card or promotional balances will be automatically applied to your order before attempting to charge your card.

Enter your card information
credit-cards._CB371380211_.gif

Credit or Debit Card

Name on card
Card number
Expiration date

Do you need help? Explore our Help pages or contact us

I have already purchased TT for this year unfortunately, but will seriously consider it for next year. The news that it will import info from the previous year's TT return only adds to the appeal. My returns are straightforward, with income from interest, dividends, and long-term capital gains only, and no other complicating factors, so I think that the H&R Block software will do the trick.

Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm sticking with TT. But competition is a good thing :).

I am getting the below screen after I hit the purchase button... not going to the cart or anything else as I see.... not going through normal procedures IMO... I am logged in... edit... screen did not show up here like I see it, but you can kinda see what it is looking for...

amazon_logo_no-org_mid._CB153387053_.png

Please re-enter your payment information. We want to make sure this is an authorized use of your account. This is for verification purposes only. Any gift card or promotional balances will be automatically applied to your order before attempting to charge your card.

credit-cards._CB371380211_.gif

Credit or Debit Card

Name on card
Card number
Expiration date

Do you need help? Explore our Help pages or contact us

I would call them directly to see what's up. Can't be too careful these days...

BTW, I just remembered last year I filed through creditkarma. Free. No problems. If I had remembered, I probably would not have used HRB this year, but at $19 for fed and state, I'm not out that much anyways.
Now, to see if I can import last year's taxes into this years HRB by bulk....

I'm sticking with Turbotax, even though it will cost a little more and may not be a whole lot different. I am just used to it and set in my ways. I think this officially makes me an old person. :LOL: But anyway my spending is down this year, and the market is up, so I figure I can afford it.

Still, this is a great deal for all you young folks who don't mind changing to another tax program..... :D

I guess I was an old person as far back as my 30's. Thanks to the OP for calling out such a good deal, but I'm just too set in my ways to change now. Though I must admit that I almost clicked on it and put it in my cart.

I got tired of being jerked around by TT a few years ago, so switched to HRB a few years ago. Unfortunately, I've had enormous problems using the software. I've found all kinds of bugs, and the support team can only tell me "Just override the software... unfortunately, that means you won't be able to e-file". There's no way I'm going to paper file an 80+ page return. This year, I'm looking to hold my nose and go back to TT.

Anyone know the best deals to get TT, and soon? I'd like to prepare a test return in the next week or so, so that I can verify my spreadsheet results, and make some final decisions (on income, etc.) before the tax year ends.

I would call them directly to see what's up. Can't be too careful these days...

I did and they said they see it on their screen. I guess it is because it is a download and not a CD.... I can buy the CD without this step...

SOOO, will wait for DW and DD to come home and see if there is something else they need from Amazon and buy the CD....

I did and they said they see it on their screen. I guess it is because it is a download and not a CD.... I can buy the CD without this step...

SOOO, will wait for DW and DD to come home and see if there is something else they need from Amazon and buy the CD....

Yes, that's totally normal when buying download software from Amazon. There's no delivery address for them to check against. I've also seen it the first time I have a package delivered to a new street address.

I bought the H&R Block tax software through Amazon last year and the refund bonus offer could only be applied to an Amazon gift card. The same software purchased elsewhere would've allowed a choice of a number of vendor gift cards. Even so, it wasn't hard to spend it all at Amazon.

Anyone know the best deals to get TT, and soon? I'd like to prepare a test return in the next week or so, so that I can verify my spreadsheet results, and make some final decisions (on income, etc.) before the tax year ends.

I have an alert set for it on Google Shopping.

Currently the best deal for Deluxe is $28:
https://www.ecrater.com/p/29149657/turbotax-deluxe-for-tax-year-2017-federal?gps=1&id=81021690619

Next best looks like this one at $31.99 TurboTax Deluxe 2017 Federal & State + Fed Efile Tax Software

I know nothing about the quality or legitimacy of these sellers.

I logged into my TactAct account and was able to pre-order the fed for $17 and the state for $35

Thanks for the tip but no such luck. After I log in and click 'lock in the rate' it just starts a new 2017 tax-return for the advertised price. Oh well.

I'm sticking with TT. But competition is a good thing :).

+1. I had a pretty big problem with HRB and 1116s and a couple smaller problems I documented in another thread, so I'll pay extra for TT. I'd like to be paying less extra though, so buy away!

OP - thanks, that is a great price.

Unfortunately I paid a little more a few days ago directly at hrblock, I paid $6 more :(
I bought the Deluxe without State directly on the hrblock site for $20 (as compared to yesterday's $14), so didn't get the best deal. But I have already got a very well-defined pro-forma return completed. That's essential because it allows me to do "what-if" iteration on my 401k withdrawal for next year, keeping an eye on OMAGI.

Right now you can get Deluxe no state for $20 off the block site. But going to the home page doesn't offer you that product.

Last edited:
So much for a good deal...🤣

Yea, but since they wanted $5 shipping for a CD.... I could use that against something they wanted... heck, DW has ordered a number of things the last few weeks...

I did get the CD even though I found out that the popup asking for CC info is legit.. now the CD is selling for $30 without state and $40 with state...

SOOOO, a big thank you to the OP....

Ordered the Premium/Business yesterday for $37 which is almost $3 cheaper than the deal I got last year. Thanks for the heads up!

Ordered the Premium/Business yesterday for $37...

Me too - $30 less than last year. Woo hoo! :dance:

I only use the HRB Business application to generate a tax return for a multi-state partnership. I use TurboTax Deluxe for my personal return. TT Business is much more expensive, and (as of a few years ago) didn't support North Dakota for partnership returns. The HRB Business app's user interface is horrible compared to TT, but nevertheless over the years I've managed to get the job done. :)

Bumping Cuz I Missed the Amazon Deal

Wondering if anyone knows of any current deals on the 2017 H&R Block Deluxe + State combo. I used this package last year and it met my needs pretty well. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom